1,502 results
All reviews indoor pool hot tub woodland lodge horse riding on site the kitchen vip platinum vip lodge on arrival high ropes building work changing rooms tennis courts fishing lake bar restaurant family holiday washing machine
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our caravan was clean and well-equipped. The single beds are narrow but we were aware of this. Housekeeping and the technical service were attentive. Only complaint is that the WiFi was very intermittent despite being close to the centre. I work free-lance and need to check my email from time to time. Consequently I went over my data allowance on my phone.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HaulfrynGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Finlake Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello CoraBob

Thank you for leaving a review of your time at Finlake.

I am pleased that your found your accommodation to be clean and comfortable, and that the team were attentive to your needs.
I apologize if the WIFI was a little intermittent. We are currently in the latter stages of a park wide WIFI upgrade, and the works being carried out sometimes have an effect on the performance. This will soon be a thing of the past though and our WIFI capabilities will be far better for everyone.

Many Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The lodge was delightful and very clean. The 3-day break was spoilt by the appalling quality of the food in the on-site restaurant. Having waited almost one hour after placing an order all four meals arrived cold with the burgers dried up and burnt. We sent everything back untouched and left. Prices are to high, I mean £11 for a hot dog, or probable what would have turned put to be a cold dog if we had ordered one.When you stay somewhere like Finlake, good quality dining should be part of the experience. I notice other people have made similar comments, so don't just say it was an unfortunate situation. The restaurant was almost empty at the time, so it was not a case of being too busy. You need a decent chef and manager

Date of stay: September 2019
HaulfrynGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Finlake Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello sandragibson06

Thank you for your feedback regarding your dining experience at the Retreat.

I am genuinely sorry that we did not meet expectations this time.

The Management team at Finlake and within the Retreat restaurant are fully aware of the issues we have encountered recently and are working to resolve them as quickly as possible.

Again, please accept my apologies and we do hope to see you back at Finlake in the future when i am sure you will have a more positive dining experience

Many Thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After booking a 4 night stay we ended up extending as loved it so much we stayed in a luxury lodge vip which sleeps 6 it was very clean and tidy and in a great location on site (very peaceful and quiet) with our own private hot tub.
On entering we had no water in the hot tub but went to reception where a lady called anna helped us out and got onto the issue there and then.
Our daughter joined us on the weekend and done the high ropes aerial adverture which she loved, only negative thing was I felt the drinks in the retreat are overpriced as well as the food but then its expected.
Cant wait until we return

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello noplacelikehome22

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your time at Finlake.

I am pleased that we managed to get your hot tub sorted for you quickly and that you enjoyed your stay so much that you decided to stay for longer!

You feedback regarding the Retreat is also much appreciated. We value our guests feedback whether is be good, bad or indifferent and appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Many thanks

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On arrival to our lodge we were amazed it was lovely clean fresh and spacious with a massive hot tub after a few hours decided to use the hot tub but after taking off the cover it was empty so went to reception and spoke to a lady who was polite and got on the phone straight away to resolve the issue she was a massive help her name was Anna.we went out came bk 2hrs later and the hot tub was ready to go thank you anna me and my family loved it.

Hello MrtS7680KI

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a great review and for mentioning team members for being so helpful.

This really does go a long way with the team and helps them know that they are looking after people.

Im pleased that your hot tub was sorted quickly and that you enjoyed your stay at Finlake.

We look forward to seeing you again soon

Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok firstly I should say I can’t review the whole park a so only visited the cafe and
Soft play.

I am local to the area and have never been but visited this morning on recommendation from a friend. We went to the hub cafe.

This is the most amazing cafe. It offers a small selection of Costa coffees as we as a fridge with cold drinks. Hot food is served at midday and there is a breakfast selection and pastries in the morning.

The best bit is the kids soft play. For free this is the best find in Devon. It has two sections. 0-2 years with a sensory corner and small padded toys. Then 3-10 years which has a huge selection of climbing areas, slides and netting.

It is the cleanest soft play I’ve been too yet and had such a great selection of things that even my small toddler could handle climbing up and over. Admittedly it was a Monday morning In term time but I couldn’t get over how quiet it was. It was just me and my girls in there for an hour. Incredible.

I can’t wait to explore what else this park has to offer such as the swimming pool.

This is a great little spot for locals with young kids.

Hello carolineandbaby

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review of the Hub and soft play.

I am pleased you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again soon

Best Wishes