We stayed at Finlake from Monday 29th october till Friday 2nd November in a Deluxe Woodland lodge myself, my husband, 7 yr old daughter and dog. We arrived at Finlake at 10 o'clock in the morning after a 3 hour drive from London we went straight to reception where they took my mobile number and said they would call me if our lodge was ready before 4oclock. We then went off and enjoyed walks around the park and visited the play area we booked our Go Active activities and then had a beautiful seafood platter lunch at the The Retreat restaurant and at 2 o'clock we had a call saying we could check in early they were very informative and helpful at reception. The lodge was amazing the hot tub and sauna was a real luxury and the facilities and cleaniness in the lodge was to a high standard. The farm shop was great we got lots of lovely treats and the staff were very friendly and helpful. My daughter did activities which were great the leisure staff were friendly and very good at their jobs always remembering my daughters name and making a point to say hello to her when passing. We had lunch twice & breakfast at The Retreat and a takeaway too which was lovely with happy staff and takeaways such a great idea. We got involved in the Halloween celebrations pumpkin carving, disco, funfair which were all reasonably priced and an impressive fireworks display. We also recommend the horse riding and a trip to Becky Falls. It was brill and we are going to arrange to come back next year same time and lodge but with more family members and hopefully do more activities. It's been a relaxing but super fun holiday!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the edge of Dartmoor yet still close to stunning beaches, Finlake combines 130 acres of magnificent Devon countryside, miles of beautiful woods, an abundance of wildlife and outstanding leisure facilities to create the perfect holiday location.At Haulfryn Finlake we offer an exclusive range of caravans and lodges for the discerning holiday home owner, as well as fantastic short break holiday getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Haulfryn Finlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haulfryn Finlake Hotel Chudleigh
- Haulfryn Finlake Chudleigh, Devon