Another relaxing stay at Finlake. Had a 6 birth platinum lodge with hot tub. Very clean. We all enjoyed the hot tub which was serviced regularly. Enjoyed some lovely woodland walks and a great deal of swimming. I would say that the kitchen could do with a bigger frying pan and a few more baking trays/rectangular pyrex dishes for the oven. The only downside was the food. Service was excellent but we ate there 3 times during the weekend. The steak was awful, the curry on Curry Night was bland and the meat on the Sunday carvery was dry. We have been several years running and the food is usually very good. Very disappointing and over priced for quality.
I have had spa treatments before which were good and well priced but could do with more treatment rooms and away from the noise of the swimming pool as not very relaxing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the edge of Dartmoor yet still close to stunning beaches, Finlake combines 130 acres of magnificent Devon countryside, miles of beautiful woods, an abundance of wildlife and outstanding leisure facilities to create the perfect holiday location.At Haulfryn Finlake we offer an exclusive range of caravans and lodges for the discerning holiday home owner, as well as fantastic short break holiday getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Haulfryn Finlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haulfryn Finlake Hotel Chudleigh
- Haulfryn Finlake Chudleigh, Devon