“Good experience and value for money”

Finlake Riding Centre
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Chudleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Finlake Riding Centre is situated in the beautiful Teign valley on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.Adjacent to Finlake Holiday Park it benefits from scenic off road hacking in private parkland and woodland trails.All the bridle tracks have been 'all weather' surfaced so that even in inclement weather under foot remains good.Hacking: All ages and standards of rider are catered for, complete beginners are welcome on our gentle treks around the woodland trails riding well behaved cobs.Experienced riders can enjoy our longer and more exhilirating rides which can include cream teas and evening pub rides.Young children and nervous adults may prefer our half hour stroll where our experienced staff will be able to lead rein anyone requiring assistance.Very small children can ride our tiny minature shetland pony 'Diddy mouse' or the slightly bigger 'Tinkerbell'All our horses & ponies are extremely well cared for by our dedicated staff members, the horses welfare and customer safety is paramount. Finlake Riding Stables has something to offer everyone, we welcome any inspection prior to riding.
Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and two Children booked on a half hour horse ride. It was all very efficient and well organised at the Riding Centre with plenty of staff on hand, and my family all enjoyed their first horse ride. Would recommend, particularly if you are staying at Finlake and looking for something to do, as it is very close by.

Amb2369, Manager at Finlake Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that your family enjoyed our half an hour ride and hope you'll be back to visit again soon.

There are newer reviews for Finlake Riding Centre

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visit the riding centre on our last day. My wife and son went out for a ride. It was cheap and well run but very limited for anyone with previous riding experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that your wife and son enjoyed riding with us. If you look at our website we have lots of rides to chose from dependent on experience.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I went on an hour and a half hack which was the advanced ride. Great horses very well schooled and although they do this job day in day out they are forward going but easily reined in.the horses know their job which makes it safe but they still have enthusiasm for their work. Girls at the yard made me feel welcome and i had a fantastic time. Even if you have not ridden before this is a great place to see finlake and the surrounding area in a different way.

I would have no worries about taking the whole family even the little ones as they accommodate everyone with different abilities on different rides with the small ones being led by hand.

i have ridden in many places and this is one of my favourite, great horses , great trails, great canters and a smile from ear to ear.

what more can i say GO GO GO FOR IT!!

P.S Rocky you were a star!!!!

1  Thank troubled t

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your experienced ride with us. Rocky is very much a favourite member of the team!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have been going finlake riding centre for around 2-2 and a half years now and it has been one of the best experiences of my life! I would not change anything there! My little sister has also recently joined Saturday club and she adores it! The staff are so kind and friendly and you make so many wonderful life long friends. When I joined I could hardly ride but the staff give you their time and advice and make sure you become the best you can possibly become and I wouldn't be able to do what I can do today if it was not for finlake! The price you pay is amazing! It is always worth every penny! The horses at finlake are so happy and they are looked after to the best ability that horses can be looked after! I recommend finlake it is amazing! Love finlake riding centre! By becky Endacott

4  Thank Becky E

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed learning to ride with us!

Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an hour long ride at Finlake riding centre. A fantastic experience and very good value for money. Rang the same morning for an afternoon ride and gave my height and weight, when I arrived the whole staff were very welcoming and efficient, I paid my £20 (absolute bargain) and filled in the necessary forms and disclaimer. I was given a horse called Bongo, a beautiful big horse who was very calm and confident. Our guide Bebe was very friendly and attentive and made sure everyone in our group was fine, we took an hours long trip around the holiday park and through bridle paths as well. When we needed to be told to do something, Bebe would stop and make sure we all knew what to do. All in all a great experience and definitely one of the best rides I have been on, I would thoroughly recommend this for riders of all ages and experience.
Top tip: Listen to you your guide/instructor very carefully, they know what they are talking about and this is a risk sport, once you have just enjoy the beautiful scenery.

1  Thank Chrish1982

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your hours ride with us. Bongo is a yard favourite!