“Excellent trip and value for money”

Finlake Riding Centre
Ranked #2 of 6 things to do in Chudleigh
More attraction details
Owner description: Finlake Riding Centre is situated in the beautiful Teign valley on the edge of Dartmoor National Park.Adjacent to Finlake Holiday Park it benefits from scenic off road hacking in private parkland and woodland trails.All the bridle tracks have been 'all weather' surfaced so that even in inclement weather under foot remains good.Hacking: All ages and standards of rider are catered for, complete beginners are welcome on our gentle treks around the woodland trails riding well behaved cobs.Experienced riders can enjoy our longer and more exhilirating rides which can include cream teas and evening pub rides.Young children and nervous adults may prefer our half hour stroll where our experienced staff will be able to lead rein anyone requiring assistance.Very small children can ride our tiny minature shetland pony 'Diddy mouse' or the slightly bigger 'Tinkerbell'All our horses & ponies are extremely well cared for by our dedicated staff members, the horses welfare and customer safety is paramount. Finlake Riding Stables has something to offer everyone, we welcome any inspection prior to riding.
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from an hour long ride at Finlake riding centre. A fantastic experience and very good value for money. Rang the same morning for an afternoon ride and gave my height and weight, when I arrived the whole staff were very welcoming and efficient, I paid my £20 (absolute bargain) and filled in the necessary forms and disclaimer. I was given a horse called Bongo, a beautiful big horse who was very calm and confident. Our guide Bebe was very friendly and attentive and made sure everyone in our group was fine, we took an hours long trip around the holiday park and through bridle paths as well. When we needed to be told to do something, Bebe would stop and make sure we all knew what to do. All in all a great experience and definitely one of the best rides I have been on, I would thoroughly recommend this for riders of all ages and experience.
Top tip: Listen to you your guide/instructor very carefully, they know what they are talking about and this is a risk sport, once you have just enjoy the beautiful scenery.

1  Thank Chrish1982
Amb2369, Manager at Finlake Riding Centre, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your hours ride with us. Bongo is a yard favourite!

There are newer reviews for Finlake Riding Centre

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My 2 children aged 5 and 4 have wanted to go horse riding for a long time but in my local area they are currently to young. when i stumbled upon this place at Finlake Holiday Park I gave them a call and they were none to happy to help me, advise me and offer my children the chance to ride a pony for the first time. we went along on Thursday 3rd October and depsite the weather being horrendous the girls were all absoloutly lovely. my children highly enjoyed there time and have not stopped talking about it since we got home.

1  Thank Abby S

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad your children enjoyed their ride with us and hope you'll be back to visit soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I've been attending Finlake for 8 years now and those years have been the best in my life. I started Finlake as a novice, i had no clue about riding. 8 years later i'm a competent rider.. competing at shows and stuff like that. EVERYBODY at Finlake is caring and friendly. I've met some truly amazing people at Finlake.. The Staff are fab;) They're always there to support you! The staff have taught me so much and i appreciate it so much! Every horse at Finlake are amazing, they're all so well trained and are fantastic to be around. I love Finlake so much.. i recommend you go there.

1  Thank Ellie H

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad you enjoyed learning to ride with us. We wish you every success in the future.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The horses at these stables seem very calm and well trained. They are clearly well accustomed to their job and this makes for a great experience for novice riders. This was my first ever ride but I felt really relaxed and trusted my horse.
I personally enjoyed the informal style of the operation and I thought the young women who ran it were very professional and experienced despite their young age.
Do not expect a flashy outfit, it is very 'real' and down to earth. The hats and boots seem to be run by Ginger and Pickles but they are free which is great. Thanks to BB, Bongo and the rest of the gang, I would strongly recommend this riding centre.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are glad that you enjoyed your hours ride with us and hope you'll be back to visit again soon. Bongo is a yard favourite!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

At the beginning of this year I and my fiancee decided to learn to ride for a special occasion but there was one major stumbling block which was my complete fear of horses... mainly their big teeth. But we needn't have worried at the absolutely fantastic staff at Finlake took great care of us and have taught us every week for near on 6 months.

I have read various comments on here that I find, quite frankly, ludicrous. The staff have safety as their number one concern and the constant checks on both riders and horses welfare shows this to be true. This is a riding school with animals that are unpredictable, if you can't deal with that don't come but if you do don't blame the riding school if a horse dumps you off because you have exaggerated your skill level.

In a few days we leave to get married on a beautiful beach and will be riding Arab stallions through the sea all thanks to the great people at Finlake. Without you our wedding would have been just a little bit less special.

Are we stopping now? Hell no, Emily let us do our first jumps a couple of weeks ago and now I need to do more of that. As for my fear of horses, the staff now have me untacking a great big lump of horse and feeding him treats without fear of getting my hands bitten off... and that is not something I would have considered a short time ago.

Thank you Jackie, Emily, Meghan, Malcolm and all the helpers who, no matter what age, just love what they are doing.

3  Thank markdevon63

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are proud to be part of your learning experience and pleased that we helped your wedding dream come true.