“Best hotel we have ever been too”

Gidleigh Park Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Chagford
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Set majestically on the bubbling upper reaches of the River Teign, Gidleigh Park enjoys an exquisite location on the very edge of Dartmoor National Park. At the heart of the hotel, the elegant and intimate two Michelin-starred restaurant provides a sophisticated backdrop to Executive Chef, Michael Wignall's decadent tasting and à la carte menus. One of the most respected chefs in the UK, Michael Wignall has won Michelin stars in every kitchen he has headed since being awarded his first star in 1993. Michael is famed for his respect for food and an ever evolving style which creates unique dishes full of flavour and underpinned by a contemporary, less formal approach to fine cuisine. Describing his food as ‘modern, technical and meaningful’, each element features to add flavour or texture, enticing diners to experience new combinations and ingredients complemented by vegetables and herbs picked from Gidleigh Park’s own kitchen garden. Matching the high standards in the kitchen, Gidleigh Park’s internationally renowned wine cellar accommodates over 1,300 bins and 13,000 bottles from around the world. Home to a selection of European, New World and Bio Dynamic wines, the cellar offers one of the most impressive wine lists in the British Isles. Join us for lunch, afternoon tea or dinner and enjoy your choice of tasting or à la carte menus, dedicated to the finest seasonal ingredients.
London
“Best hotel we have ever been too”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had the most amazing weekend ever in November of last year. My fiancée had chosen the hotel to propose to me and what an amazing place to have that memory! We will have to come back now every year.
The wine lovers weekend was worth every penny. Every time I hear someone mention Gidleigh it makes me smile!

• Visited November 2012

East Horsley, United Kingdom
“Champagne dinner”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Perrier Jouet dinner on our first night was superb. The matching of the food and Champagne was skilful and the individual attention of Michael Caines was appreciated.

Visited May 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Superb food and attention to detail”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Best food we have ever tasted, and brilliant attention to detail. I am lactose intollerant, and I was overwhelmed when presented with my own menu, with 3 choices for each course on it, what a lovely change from the blank looks you usually get. The staff were very attentive and always knew who each meal was for. Beautiful and extremely comfortable surroundings.

• Visited April 2013
Lapworth, United Kingdom
“Never fails to impress”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our third visit to Gidleigh Park. In brief:

* The best hotel in the UK
* The best food in the UK (at least that we have eaten)
* The best staff in the UK

Need we say more?

• Visited April 2013
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
“Simply Stunning”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I went here to celebrate my 18th Birthday & thoroughly enjoyed every moment! Service was impeccable at all times, the location, décor & ambience were all magnificent and tranquil. The food was sublime and they catered well for both mine and my mother's food allergies. At the end of the meal I was even presented with a chocolate plaque reading "Happy Birthday". I can't wait until my next visit!

• Visited October 2012