“Right on the main road but not the main local attraction”
Review of Dartbridge Inn

Dartbridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Buckfastleigh
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2013

If you want decent service and quick pub grub, this is fine - but dont expect a great atmosphere or the greatest taste sensations. Had I brought the children it would have been fine, efficient and welcoming but not ideal for a couple or a special event I would suggest. Review my other local options perhaps for a couple of those....

1  Thank CarricktoRome
There are newer reviews for Dartbridge Inn

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked a restuarant table for two at 730pm, the area was less than a quarter full. As we were shown to the table before we had sat down we were asked "do you know what you want to eat, because we are out of alot" we didnt know so were told "oh well your waitress will tell you" hmm at this point we should have known better and left but we didnt. We ordered quickly then the wait began...... whilst waiting we over heard various compliants and responses by staff ... a couple complained they had waited 45mins they were told " werent you told there is a wait for food? I"ll check for you" (no apology there) when their food arrived staff came to the table , not to apologise or check how the meal was but instead apparently blame them "the well done steak threw them, it takes 20 minutes to cook well done" when challenged on this the reply was "it takes 20minutes on our grill" still no apology.. .. we continued to wait, staff continued to ignore us, i should add we also werent told about the wait although we had over heard.(maybe that counts).... then another table complained after having starters they had a lengthy wait for mains they were told " its because its half term people are ordering food from the menu they wouldnt normally" ... i have to confess i found this very funny ... they were told their food was next, not looking good for us..... after 45minutes my husband went to get my coat ... after 50 minutes we left, having told a shocked waitress still no apology....... we went to moguls palace down the road food and service both excellent. So unfortunately i can't tell you if the food here is good, bad or terrible, i can say the service is appalling all the staff could do with customer service training and it appears the kitchen need some lessons on how to run a professional kitchen. Don't waste your money here.

2  Thank owl81
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been to The Dartbridge quite a few times over the last few years but I have to say it has gone downhill over the last year.
We went last week in the evening. I had a fillet steak ( not cheap) which I asked for medium, however it was overdone to the point of burnt on the outside and it was only when I got into the centre that there was a hint of pink? No one came back to ask if our meals were OK but I did mention it to the waitress when she cleared the plates, her response was "well it is chargrilled " to which I replied there is a difference between chargrilled and burnt! I'll pass your comments on to the chef was her reply. I over heard someone else complaining that their fillet was overdone as well...she gave them the same response.
I then ordered cheese and biscuits and for the second time in recent months it arrived with a small piece of cheddar and stilton but big pile of limp tasteless mozzarella cheese??? It was supposed to be something else but they had obviously run out again!
We went to pay, we were asked if everything was ok, I mentioned the steak but was given the same old chargrilled excuse and this time I thought I would say about the cheese after all it was not cheap and I left most of it, no apology just "oh was there?" If you don't want honest answers don't ask the question!?
I don't think we will rush back which is a shame.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The tables were really dirty. The service was not very good as the barmaid forgot about us when we asked to be seated in the restaurant. The staff don't seem to be bothered.

I had fish and chips. The fish was massively overcooked.

The pros are that the prices are not too high.

Give some place else a try because your likely to have a better experience.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Seved in a very happy atmosphere with well prepared and tasty dishes. A good selection. We ate there four out of our five night stay.