“Gone downhill....”
Review of Dartbridge Inn

Dartbridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Buckfastleigh
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Somerset
“Gone downhill....”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have been to The Dartbridge quite a few times over the last few years but I have to say it has gone downhill over the last year.
We went last week in the evening. I had a fillet steak ( not cheap) which I asked for medium, however it was overdone to the point of burnt on the outside and it was only when I got into the centre that there was a hint of pink? No one came back to ask if our meals were OK but I did mention it to the waitress when she cleared the plates, her response was "well it is chargrilled " to which I replied there is a difference between chargrilled and burnt! I'll pass your comments on to the chef was her reply. I over heard someone else complaining that their fillet was overdone as well...she gave them the same response.
I then ordered cheese and biscuits and for the second time in recent months it arrived with a small piece of cheddar and stilton but big pile of limp tasteless mozzarella cheese??? It was supposed to be something else but they had obviously run out again!
We went to pay, we were asked if everything was ok, I mentioned the steak but was given the same old chargrilled excuse and this time I thought I would say about the cheese after all it was not cheap and I left most of it, no apology just "oh was there?" If you don't want honest answers don't ask the question!?
I don't think we will rush back which is a shame.

• Visited March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Don't make this your first choice.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The tables were really dirty. The service was not very good as the barmaid forgot about us when we asked to be seated in the restaurant. The staff don't seem to be bothered.

I had fish and chips. The fish was massively overcooked.

The pros are that the prices are not too high.

Give some place else a try because your likely to have a better experience.

Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Food good enough to eat”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Seved in a very happy atmosphere with well prepared and tasty dishes. A good selection. We ate there four out of our five night stay.

Visited March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good traditional fare”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

THe food here was excellent stick to the traditional fare, fish and chips on Friday and Steak and salad on Saturday and we were very happy.

Visited March 2013
Berkshire UK
“Worst Pub Food Ever!”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped at the Dartbridge Inn for an early evening supper, ordered Cod Loin on Spinach, Green Bean & New Potatoes. The whole meal was very sad, over cooked microwaved beans, re-heated pre-cooked potatoes & a cod steak that looked as if it had come out of a boil-in the bag.
Terrible quality & expensive.
Advise to avoid food here!

• Visited March 2013