“Never again!!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Description: 72 Fore Street Buckfastleigh Devon TQ11 0BS
Description: 72 Fore Street Buckfastleigh Devon TQ11 0BS
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I am a local and used to use the local chinese until it started to go downhill,so we then avoided it and tried another one. But this was not in our local vicinity but 11 miles away so we didnt treat ourselves to chinese very often.
However I decided to try it tonight and wish I hadn't bothered!! Part of my order was missing which I didnt find out until I got home. So I went back to the shop and told the 16yr old girl who then said she would tell management. The elderly man then came out to speak to me in very broken english, telling me that the whole meal would need to be taken back and checked off??!! My family had already started to eat as it was not very warm by then. I didnt take the food back as it was half eaten and didnt get the rest of my order. I too experienced the utensil waving and found the man to be extrememly rude and abrupt. I am £5 down and very angry. I will NEVER use the place again and I advise you local and tourists alike to do the same.

1  Thank Michelle F

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We recently visited the village of buckfastleigh and were disappointed as a whole but the thing that ruined it most was this chinese. We placed a simple order of only three items and I collected and took back to our cottage.
Unfortunately we did not like the look of the chicken chow mein as where we have ordered before it has always been shredded chicken and noodles and thats about it. This was covered in what can only be described as a thick gravey and the chicken appeared to be more like balls of fat. I took it back to ask them to exchange it and I even offered to pay a bit more towards something else but this was a huge issue for them. Obviously in this sleepy little village the cost of exchanging a chow mein was the end of their business and to make matters worse they didnt speak english and had to call down a 16 girl to translate. This only went one way as im glad she didnt repeat whatever it was they were calling me but the were shouting and waving utensils in my direction and the girl told me they were refusing to change it as no one else would buy it. I then stated that if they didnt then they could have the lot back as we were not going to eat it but this set them off again and I was forced to leave the shop without my money or the food I had taken down there.
To add insult to injury the meal was over priced and the food we did try to eat was horrible. The sweet and sour sauce needed to be scrubed off my hands as it stained them a flurescent orange and the chicken balls burst when bitten into with what can only be described as grease and fat. Maybe the locals love it but tourists avoid.

6  Thank Paul M