The Edgemoor Country House Hotel
Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa(Ilsington)(Great Value!)
$158
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Premier Inn Newton Abbot Hotel(Newton Abbot)(Great Value!)
$78
PremierInn.com
$177
$116
Very Good 4/5
Bovey Castle Hotel(North Bovey)
$212
$95
$84
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
The Dartmoor Lodge(Ashburton)(Great Value!)
$86
  • Breakfast included
The White Hart Hotel(Moretonhampstead)
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsold schoollovely hotelwedding receptioncream teaafternoon teadog friendly hotelwedding venuebeautiful roomgrammar schoolsconesthank you so muchhis teamfood was fantasticgym barbeautiful settingopen firesteak
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 9, 2010

Stopped for one night en route to Cornwall. Great location, and a nice little hotel, but it is a little tired and the breakfast was not great (long life juice, overcooked eggs...). The room was very clean and the bed comfortable, but the TV and amenity tray struggled to both fit on their assigned bureau top. And at £160 rack rate (we paid discounted rate of £100 having booked at the last minute) I would have expected rather more. Public areas also a little tired, and the reception behind a hatch in the wall was not very welcoming. Staff were very friendly and keen to help. Overall an average hotel, but with so much potential to be fabulous...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 9, 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit the area. We were warmly welcomed by the owner and shown around. The room was pleasant with a well equipped and very clean bathroom.
We had dinner in the Bistro 1 night and the Resturant the other night. The food was excellent, much better than expected.
The breakfast was a real feast.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2009

Having spent the first part of the week in a soulless Premier Inn my one night in the Edgemoor was a refreshing change. I managed to get a very good rate online which put this hotel within expenses-friendly range and the value was excellent. Received a very warm welcome both on arrival and during my stay. Hotel is clean, decorated to a high standard and the room was very comfortable. Location is very quiet but yet was only a 10 minute drive from where I was working in Heathfield. All in all just the sort of location after a long day at work - a bonus was the two hand pulled beers in the bar, what with a pint, the newspaper and a roaring fire in the lounge - infinitely more preferable to a plastic Premier Inn. Don't get me wrong, the business hotel chains serve a purpose and are good value for money, but when you spend the whole week in one it gets tedious and that's why I enjoyed my short stay in the Edgemoor so much. Anyway, food was excellent, both dinner and breakfast, in fact the owner kindly arranged breakfast a little earlier than normal for me so I could get away.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2009

I was a little disappointed at this hotel. I found it a little tired, albeit the bedroom was clean and big enough. Staff were very friendly. We had dinner in the Bistro and breakfast in the restaurant. The quality of the food was excellant.
The hotel is about 2 miles from Haytor and borders Dartmoor, yet is only 5 mins from the A38. The views from the hotel are very limited but the grounds are kept well.
We ordered a coffee and a cappuccino at the bar, mid-afternoon, the coffee was delivered in 5 mins, the cappuccino was delivered 40 mins later. We ordered a bottle of wine at the same time as ordering dinner, the wine didn't arrive until after we had our starter and the main course was infront of us. At checkout, we were charged with 2 bottles of wine instead of one and even after recalculation was still overcharged by £1, I couldn't be bothered to discuss anymore. I know there was no intent to overcharge, but its attention to this detail which causes customers to pick holes. I think the last reviewer was right in the hotel was a little disorganised.
Free wi-fi was available in the public areas and within our room.
Overall, I felt the stay was expensive for what you got.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We attended for a meal in the restuarant and the food was excellent on the whole. Just slightly disappointed that several of the things we ask for were not available including the only sweet that was not fruit based! Service was good and staff very friendly the owners just need to make sure that beer wine and sweets on the menu are available.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple