“A great find..!”

Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Bovey Tracey
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Was recommended here by a friend for Sunday Lunch and it was fantastic..! The staff were more than accommodating and the food was very well cooked and presented. Well worth checking our if you're in the area..!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Just had another fab meal in the Dolphin. Roast Beef on a Friday evening, friendly service & great food as always.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have been customers at The Dolphin for more years than I care to remember, first when we had family living in the area and subsequently as visitors to Bovey. I can honestly say that I have never eaten a bad meal there.
The Dolphin is an imposing building at the bottom of the main street in the town. There is a large carpark at the rear as well as a little on- street parking at the front. The main town carpark is also nearby. There is a warm and friendly atmosphere as soon as you go into the bar area. Robert and Lisa are outstanding hosts and many of their staff have been with them for years. The bar itself stocks a range of beers and cider on draught and is efficiently run even when busy. Food is ordered from a separate counter and tables can be booked in advance if you wish( advisable at weekends). There have been a few changes of chef over time but Robert has always chosen well and is keen to give his clientele what they want. There is a varied "Specials" board as well as a standard "pub" menu with good choices of food; meat, fish and vegetarian. Many of the ingredients are sourced locally and are of good quality and meals are served with a smile and some friendly words.
When pubs throughout the land are closing down at an alarming rate or are becoming " Gastropubs" with subsequent high prices and overlong booking procedures, it is a joy to find a thriving "proper" pub. I only wish I didn't have to drive 200 miles to get there.

I only wish I didn't have to drive 200 miles to visit it!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We often eat at the dolphin as a family, so when it came to my birthday we knew we couldn't go wrong, so it started with a trip to see Mark, the chef, to see if he could do something special, and he produced a meal that was to die for, it was steak with all the trimmings, but what a steak! It cost a little more than the norm but as they say, I'm worth it! Its our anniversary in a few weeks too, so we'l be speaking to him again because if you give him a bit of notice he'l do his best to deliver the best meal ever

Reviewed September 26, 2012

as a visitor to bovey as often as possible i try to get to the dolphin .
food great value and high quality.
the staff are professional and always up for a laugh and joke
(lots of flannel)