“Return Visit”

Dining options: Reservations
Buckinghamshire
“Return Visit”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Came back to this cosy little cafe on a beautiful summer afternoon and sat in the delightful garden. Once again had the cream tea which tasted even better in the sunshine. The scones were home made and we were given very generous bowlfuls of jam and cream- none of those mean little jars. It was easily the best cream tea of our holiday and surprisingly the cheapest. The cafe doesn't look much from the outside but once inside you can be assured of a warm welcome.

Visited July 2014

Teignmouth, United Kingdom
“Ooops what about a menu”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

What's not to like !! Well nothing at all , parking at the rear, clean toilets, smiley waitress, choice of three mains and some six desserts , seating for about twenty five to thirty , freshly cooked food with really tender beef for me and lamb for the wife and the vegetables were cooked properly none of this al dente nonsense meaning undercooked and hard . Plum crumble and custard was excellent if underpriced ? Yes I did mean underpriced it was that good. We have visited several times in the past and have never been disappointed , It has a regular following and can soon become fully booked so if you wish to go BOOK. EARLY to make sure. Can I recommend it , without doubt , will I return most certainly. So what's this about the menu well I would really have preferred a printed menu on the table so we could have considered the options a bit more leisurely before having our order taken rather then having to make a snap decision after a waitress reels them off particularly with the desserts , absolutely NO reflection on our delightful waitress

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank george e
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“a cosy treat”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

You can not visit Devon without enjoying a cream tea, this is a nice clean tidy cafe, food very good staff friendly. we only stayed two days but glad we found this tea rooms.

Devon
“Cracking little restaurant - thoroughly recommded.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I live in Bovey and get to hear what people say about local places. I see for myself if a place is always busy or frequently empty. I've eaten here - I know a good number of local people who regularly eat here. It's always well frequented....usually by locals who wouldn't return if they didn't like it. This is a good place to eat!

To give this place one star (as one reviewer seems to have done) is inexplicable.

It is a perfectly delightful, calm and pleasant little spot in which to relax and have a spot of jolly fine refreshment.

You don't come to Bovey to live life in the fast lane. If you do you'll be sadly disappointed and I suggest you refrain from coming.

Four of us recently enjoyed a warm welcome and homely and cosy surroundings and was served with delicious and wholesome food and drink. It's not McDonalds fast food....if you want that stay in Newton Abbot. It's reasonably priced, freshly cooked (almost all of it of it genuinely home made) food and drink in a charming environment.

I thoroughly recommend a visit here and hope you enjoy it as much as we do. Best telephone if there's a few of you and you're having a meal though....it's not a vast feeding station and you might be disappointed if you just turn up on the offchance. It's worth the cost of a call to ensure you have a table at this little gem.

I can't speak from experience regarding the accommodation but would be extremely surprised if you didn't get a first class breakfast and a good night's rest. The owners of this place are no fly by night merchants and would look after you, I'm sure.

Wholeheartedly recommended.

1 Thank kestanandw
Devon, United Kingdom
“Old fashioned but good food & friendly service”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Have driven past this place countless times & there always seems to be (old) folks sitting in this cafe so decided to give it a try. Decor & styling is very old fashioned but welcome was warm & friendly & food was reasonably priced & well cooked. Cakes looked yummy but restricted ourselves to main meal only!
Average age of the clientele seemed to be around 76 & from the waiter's greetings quite a few seemed to be regulars! That and the decor are off-putting but don't let this stop you giving this place a try!