“good but very expensive”
Review of Bovey Fish Bar

Bovey Fish Bar
Ranked #20 of 21 Restaurants in Bovey Tracey
Cuisines: British
Description: http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Bovey+Fish+Bar/0025674111606485400/companyinfo.html
Bovey Tracey, United Kingdom
“good but very expensive”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Don't think I've found anyone who has stories of more expensive fish n chips to take out!...however they are very good and the portions are more than enough so well worth going to but maybe not too often. You can sit in but its pretty stark and I've never seen anyone sitting in there.

• Visited December 2013

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Fabulous F&C!”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have used this establishment for take aways on a number of occasions throughout 2013 and the food is always very good. In fact I would go as far to say that the fish and chips are amongst the best I have ever had from a fish and chip take away.

I've had the plaice, cod and haddock, all very good and I will definitely be using again in 2014.

Maybe a little on the pricey side but the quality of the food along with homemade tartar sauce means I consider it worth paying.

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't bother”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

A fair price to pay for small portion meal.when got home the box it was served in was soaked in fat and meal was saturated in fat/grease .total waste as went straight in bin

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank hgv1
Stone, United Kingdom
“...a painful decision...”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It pains me to write this review after my glowing report of March 2012, but I have fallen out of love with the Bovey Fish Bar. We visit Bovey 6 to 8 times a year and always look forward to our weekly fish and chips. What a disappointment this time. Whilst the quality was well up to standard and the service excellent, the portion size left a lot to be desired. I ordered a 2x "large haddock" - there was only one size available so why describe it as large - and a small portion of chips. A year ago the fish almost filled the cardboard box, so much so that the chips were served in a separate container and the cost was around 11 pounds, which was good value. This time the fish was so small that the chips, divided between the two cartons were scattered around it and the cost....... a whopping £14.60! Certainly the most expensive fish and chips we have ever bought. We were were in Brixham a day or two later and fish and chips there (straight off the boat?) averaged under £6. Why so expensive in Bovey? We would still love to support this local busines as it has seen such an improvement since being taken over by the new owners and the quality and service is more than very good, but at these prices for the quantity we would have to think twice in future.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank yardbird8
Bovey Tracey, United Kingdom
“Awesome Pizza and fantastic Service from Mandy”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just what was needed after a long working week and a treat for my Husband. We both had pizzas which were very authentic and tasty.

• Visited September 2013