“Feeding the Father-in-law”
Review of Bovey Fish Bar

Bovey Fish Bar
Ranked #20 of 21 Restaurants in Bovey Tracey
Cuisines: British
Description: http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Bovey+Fish+Bar/0025674111606485400/companyinfo.html
Reviewed April 26, 2013

As my wife was out if town on our holiday, we decided to try the local fish and chip shop, which was noted to have been taken over by new owners in the last 12-18months. The turn around within the shop was excellent and not just the decor. Good choice of fish, with a fish of the day (we had the hake), well cooked, batter was crispy but soft and tasted great. Chips are the best I've had from anywhere, crispy on the outside but fluffy on the inside, we had the salt+black pepper squid rings again great - but to my taste maybe a little heavy on the salt. They do the usual pies and sausages, but can't comment on hose as we didn't have them. Price is reasonable, for two 'large' fish, large chips and the squid £15.

Would I return - without a doubt for a great chippy tea!!

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Used this chip shop twice during march whilst on holiday. The chips were Maris Piper cooked fresh in rapeseed oil, crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. The fish is cooked to order and we also had a beef and ale pie, homemade and baked in an old fashioned tin tray. The most moist beef in a pie I've tasted ever! If I could pick the shop up and move it to the East Midlands I would. Please try this chip shop if you are in the area as the food is 5* quality with generous portion size.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

great fish n chips but no longer a chip family meal although portion are quite good so you can do 1 prtion of chips for 2. Served with lemon and tartar sauce which is a nice touch.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Chips to die for. Some of the best I've had. 9/10
The fish is not far behind, very good. 8/10
Tartar & lemon a nice touch.
Cheery friendly staff.
Fast service.

I travel 20 miles for these fish & chips they are great

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Just staying at indio lakes and thought try locsl chippy. Firstly the cleanliness hits you. Very impressed. Fish and chips freshly cooked to order and taste fish lovely and fresh and chips perfectly cooked. Crisp on outside fluffy inside. Homemade tarter sauce and slice fresh lemon lovely added touch. Very impressed thank you.