Lavender House Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Bulleigh Park Farm(Newton Abbot)
View Hotel
All reviewsgroupon dealshort breaksummer housebed was very comfortablecream teaboth morningsnight breakexcellent value for moneyopen fireevening mealwedding venuecomplimentary toiletriesbar areastayed here for nightsa wonderful stayexcellent hostsquiet location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here on a KGB deal, the hotel on the outside looked pretty but very faded, tired and cracked on the inside. The receptionist was lovely and showed us to our room which overlooked the garden - which would have been great to sit in, but it was 'out of season' - in June?!

The room was very hot so I admit that I stripped off straight away (5 hour car journey in Summer? No thanks) and lay down on the soft bed...and then a member of staff barged in, luckily I had enough time to roll off the bed (very painfully). No apology. just walked back out again!

Breakfast was big but I only had toast so I can't say if it was nice or not - but I assume so!

The setting is out of the way, but lovely. A nice walk into town is a bit hard as there's no path to town, just a road - but for a basic weekend away, this is an alright base.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jess M
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights B & B bought on a kgb voucher. As this only cost £59 for the two of us it was a real bargain. The hotel has beautiful gardens & the room was fine. When booking I had been told that as it was our 35th wedding anniversary we would be upgraded but I'm not sure from what as we had what appeared to be a normal room. The bed was huge & very comfy. The air con didn't work & it was one of the hottest weekends of the year so that was a bit of a downer. The owner didn't seem very keen on investigating why it wasn't working & in the end my husband told him not to bother. There was a good tv with an excellent picture. The bathroom was a decent size but the shower left a little to be desired in the cleanliness factor. there being some ingrained dirt in the grouting & surrounds. However, the hotel excelled in the breakfast stakes. Freshly cooked & far too much really. I had a full English the first day & struggled to finish it so had muffin with scrambled egg & smoked salmon the next day thinking this would be lighter. Not so! A huge plateful of delicious eggs - far too much & I've got a big appetite. We could have had a 3 course dinner for £30 for two & the menu looked lovely. In fact I wished we had taken up this offer as the meal we had a a local pub was mediocre & cost £20 for 1 course. All in all an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the cottage in the grounds as it has its own terrace. As the hotel is in the countryside noise was minimal everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nicky L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We really enjoyed our two nights stay at Lavender House 21/07/2013. Keith the owner is fantastic very kind and friendly. He made us feel very welcome and offered to help us plan our day.The best bit was the food amazing and the portion size great. We all really did look forward to Lavender Houses Breakfast and Dinner all served nice and hot with care. The garden is beautiful, really relaxing. oh and air conditioning in rooms great x

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great nights sleep due to a lovely mattress ,duckdown duvet and feather pillows ,& plenty of them. The room had air conditioning great in the heatwave,really thick egyptian cotten towels. The staff were very helpful and accomodated my dietary needs very well.Lovely venue and wouldnt hesitate staying there again

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Attended a social function here on a lovely summer evening. Excellent setting and decor countered by very unfortunate management attitude and apparent staff shortage. the property needs a front of house manager who knows how to make customers feel appreciated.

Would recommend double checking any arrangements made personally as email and phone contact is patchy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends