“Ok but won't return in a hurry! :0(”
Review of Moorish

Moorish
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Ashburton
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Ok but won't return in a hurry! :0(”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We decided to pop down to Moorish for dinner as we have been meaning to for some time. The young staff were very friendly and welcoming, the atmosphere was ambient and the place noticeably clean and well cared for. Being vegetarian I found the menu limited but went for the pancakes. They came pretty quickly which was great as I was really hungry. Unfortunately my meal was really small in contrast to the cost and the fact that it was a main! It was well cooked though and had a lovely warmth due to the spices - I asked for a wedge of lemon to bring the flavour right up but it was good - there just wasn't enough of it and I felt only half full afterwards. Despite being local we will continue our search elsewhere to find a great restaurant we can return to again and again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank sweetmeadow

Exeter, United Kingdom
“Smelliest toilets I have ever encountered.”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My friend and I popped into Moorish for a coffee, we werent greeted as we entered as the two women were talking to each other + a man drinking coffee. Eventually a waitress came over and asked us if we wished to eat, as there were no Menus on the table we said we would like to see the menu, she then gave us the menus. We ordered coffee and perused the menu, i went off to the only toilet, it was located right next to the open kitchen and had a filthy floor, the smell of urine was horrid and after washing my hands and gong back to the table I asked my friend to drink the coffee as we were certainly not eating there. Please give your toilets a good scrub and revamp. Many people base their food hygiene presumptions of a restaurant on the toilets. If the toilets aren't kept clean what is the kitchen like ?

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Leigh H
olga g, Owner at Moorish, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Madam,

I can assure that our toilets do get cleaned thoroughly every morning and evening. You were , it seems , very unlucky with your timing ( may be someone visited the toilet before you?). The floor gets "dirty" as in the winter time we do have a lot of rain in our beautiful town and people come to visit after walking on the moors with boots ....

Regards,
Olga Greedy
owner
Uplyme, United Kingdom
“Welcome elevenses after a bracing walk”
Reviewed November 15, 2013

We had a divine orange and almond cake with nice black coffee to warm up after a bracing (=drenching) walk on Dartmoor. The atmosphere was welcoming, the staff were friendly, and it was just what we needed.

The lunch menu looked interesting but we had to get home...

• Visited November 2013
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Absolutely average”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Not expensive, average tapas. Small selection of average wine, i could only see one type of beer on the menu. totally average, un-inspiring food I really don't have anything else to say.

Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Really nice athmosphere”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I came across this little gem couple of days ago.I had an hour to spare while waiting for someone and as I had children with me and it was evening time,dark and raining and the village didn't have much to offer apart from pubs where I didn't want to take the kids,it was a godsend in the middle of Ashburton.When we walked in,we were made very welcome,the place had an amazing athmosphere,the staff were very friendly and proffessional,coffee and food was nice,in fact -with the lovely Spanish guitar music playing on the background,the candlelight and glass of wine I could have forgotten myself there for hours...
Will definitely go back if in the area again.
Wish the place all the best!

• Visited November 2013