“lucky find”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

just stopped in Ashburton (also gets a recommend) on way back home from Cornwall, for lunch.
My wife had an aubergine dish from the specials.
I didn't think I was very hungry so just chose a couple of tapas.
all delightful and I wished i had chosenh more.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

A warm welcome awaited us on a miserable wet Saturday. Delicious soup, THE BEST Moorish Cake and excellent value. Don't miss this place when you next visit Ashburton.

2  Thank SnorklerOnTour
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We were really looking forward to visiting as there had been good reviews. Looked good and decor was good. No atmosphere and waitresses were sweet but uninterested. Poor service and the food was not good at all. We have the sea bass with Bombay potatoes but the potatoes were undercooked and dry and very similar to the potatoes on the tapas menu. The goat cheese and beet root tart was bland dry and unappetising. We will definitely not be returning.

1  Thank Collette62
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I went to the wonderful Moorish for the second time last week and was again, really happy with both the food and the service.

For the unitiated, the cuisine is southern Spanish / north African - not African as it says at the head of this page.

3  Thank Hallyborange
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I visited Moorish on a Wednesday evening in April. The restaurant itself has a really cosy relaxed feel. The tapas me and my friend shared was all excellent, I really can’t fault it. In fact it was so nice we had to have a chocolate Fondant for dessert which was delicious! The young waitress was really friendly and attentive, a credit to the restaurant.
You don’t have to have just tapas there were main courses available on the menu as well as a specials board.
I would highly recommend Moorish to anyone!

1  Thank Melanie52589