Stayed at this hotel for one night.
Attending a conference at the Abbey.
Checkin was easy and simple. Very friendly staff.
The room was clean as was the hotel. I was in 323, and the room seems to be recently renovated.
The room was modernly decorated. Flat screen Tv, with tea and coffee.Clean sheet and a comfortable double bed.
Shower and bath toiletries.
The end of November was extremely cold and the heating in the room was adequate.
What I liked was the fact that there was heating in the toilet so when I got up in the morning the bathroom was nice and warm.
Good shower not a power shower but adequate, there was an issue with the bathroom as evident by the number of mold found in the grouting. I am a bit fussy about a clean shower. Simple bleach I am sure would do it nicely.
I had dinner on the night I stayed. Had steak cooked to perfection no issue with the food.
Also had breakfast, full english was on offer but had a quick breakfast and service was efficient. Have to mention that the lady who serve breakfast was extremely polite and funny. The staff on the hold was very welcoming.
The hotel had free Wifi, but only available in the bar but couldnt get it in my room.
So all in all a lovely country Lodge at good prices.
I would defo stay in the lodge again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Ashburton, Dartmoor National Park