A group of us stayed there for one night whilst visiting the area for a family party. There were 10 of us in total, and the hotel kindly arranged for us to have all our rooms close together. On Saturday evening, even though they were busy, they happily accommodated all of us for dinner even though we hadn't booked, and even found a small separate room for us to eat in as the restaurant was full. The food was very good - generous portions and freshly cooked. The bar has a number of local real ales on draught and they are all very drinkable. Breakfast the following morning was excellent, and again they had arranged a large table so that all of us could sit together.
The rooms are comfortable with everything that you need to make your stay a pleasant one.
I cannot praise the staff too highly. They are all without exception friendly, helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I will definitely stay there again if I ever find myself down in that part of Devon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Ashburton, Dartmoor National Park