We sent two nights as a family of four, the two kids stayed in our room.
Staff is very friendly and helpful and makes you feel welcome. Our room was in the annexe which indeed has a motel feel to it, our room was nice and clean (a very important point). We had noisy neighbours in the middle of the first night, you realise how you can hear a lot of what is happening around.
A very good surprise was the restaurant where we ate the first night, the food is good and fresh. I must mention that the chef went as far as making gluten-free gravy for my wife's dish.
My main criticism is upon checkout, I was not told I would be charged in euros with an a given conversion rate. As it happens I have a better rate through my bank so that was a bit annoying to find out after the fact. Not deal shattering but I would have appreciated more transparency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Ashburton, Dartmoor National Park