We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in August 2012.
It was easy to find and is in a good location, just off the highway.
Reception was good and quick, and we were shown to our rooms. My room was upgraded from a single to a double, which was nice.
Unfortunately our rooms where in the annexe building, which was quite dark and outdated. My room had no net curtains, so everybody could easily look in. As the annexe was next to the parking place, this was rather uncomfortable, even if I was on the first floor.
Otherwise my room was quite good: big and not too shabby.
The annexe had a sort of motel feeling: it had a long hallway with rooms on one side. This long hallway, on which my room was last, was quite dark, and a little scary to walk alone at night, even if it was all indoors and no one can get into the annexe without a code.
Also, the heating would turn on at night, while it was quite warm as it was.
Other than that, the hotel is quite good. Staff is very friendly and helpful.
Wifi is free, but not available in the annexe. It's not really a problem to sit in the bar though.
The bar has a nice feel, as does the restaurant.
Food and drinks aren't too expensive.
Dinner was great: well prepared and a lot of it!We couldn't eat it all, and we are quite big eaters.
If only the annexe were better, this could be a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Ashburton, Dartmoor National Park