this is an hotel that you visit even if it means making a detour from your original destination, this is not just somewhere to eat, rest and sleep this is an experience, part of your trip not to be missed.
The rooms are extremely comfortable, a warm and welcoming bar and restaurant where the food can only be described as superb.
If like me you value good service then this place is for you, this isn't just good it's great! Nothing but nothing is too much trouble, how a hotel should be.
The staff are all without exception, attentive, professional and friendly, set within walking distance of the town of Ashburton this is really a hotel you will be sure to revisit.........
I have many times and will continue to do so, congratulations to Trevor & Diane and the quite outstanding Claire for being hosts par excellence!
looking forward to my return sitting next to that wonderful log fire enjoying the ambiance and the company.....................
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Ashburton, Dartmoor National Park