“What an enjoyable, relaxing and enlightening stay I spent at Bowhayes Farm”
Review of Bowhayes Farm

Bowhayes Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Culmstock B&B and Inns
Ruislip, United Kingdom
“What an enjoyable, relaxing and enlightening stay I spent at Bowhayes Farm”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

What an enjoyable, relaxing and enlightening stay I spent at Bowhayes Farm. The room I had was massive with beautiful oak beams enhancing the cosy decor. I had a lovely comfortable double bed all to myself and slept like a log during my four nights stay. The view from my window was marvellous looking over the farm and onto the breath-taking landscape. My bathroom was bright clean and modern but with a distinct rustic appearance. The under floor heating made all the difference especially after getting out of the bath to dry myself in the warm.
There was also a lovely relaxing lounge for the guests to meet or spend the evenings in front of a warm stove and TV. This rest room with its snug armchairs was a perfect place for me to read and relax. Sitting in the lounge was great as I hate being confined to one room when I stay away.
At breakfast I was treated to a sumptuous full English breakfast served on splendid china plates. Being greedy I took full advantage of the warm croissants and toast by smothering them with butter and jam washed down with pots of tea, um delicious! Another guest had special need as well as being vegetarian and that seemed no problem for Lucinda (the owner)

The best part for me was to see at up close how the many horses on the farm were treated.
It was plain to see that they understood not only the character of each horse but their individual qualities. They demonstrated to me how horses can respond and perform individually or as a group by treating them with loving respect and admiration. I had been very impressed by how these horses were encouraged rather than being pushed to do what was asked.

The standard of perfection in how the horses performed and their natural healthy condition made my stay at Bowhays Farm even more pleasurable and worthwhile.

Room Tip: Both rooms I viewed were excellent
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LesGreve

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2012

rested, refreshed and revitalised sum up this visit, ranging from the lovely bedroom and deep capaciacious baths to the slap up breakfasts , topped off by the 'horse love' from Lucindas very special chilled out horses. My partner said i came back from my 3 day break looking the best i have in years.... result!
"i'll be back" as Arnie says!

Room Tip: they are all nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank louise s
LucindaMcAlpine, Owner at Bowhayes Farm, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your time here, Louise. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to your speedy return!
Northampton, UK
Reviewed August 14, 2012

A lovely place in stunning countryside with a wonderful hostess. The breakfast was delicious and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Highly recommended! The rooms are individual and comfortable - in fact, the bed I had was more comfortable than mine at home. Lucinda ensures your stay is special.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 1, 2012

A really great place to stay. Really friendly that makes you relax the minute you arrive. Amazing veiws over the valley. Great local pub in the village that has to be seen,the food was great! And the breakfast could not be better!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ben W
LucindaMcAlpine, Owner at Bowhayes Farm, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
So glad you enjoyed your time here with us. We look forward to seeing you here again soon!
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I spent one night at bowhayes whilst in devon for a wedding. The rural location is idyllic, rooms were clean and well presented and Lucinda was a great host. I will certainly look for excuses to return!

• Stayed April 2012
LucindaMcAlpine, Owner at Bowhayes Farm, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Looking forward to your return! Such a shame you could not stay longer.
Stowford
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I took my pony for some much needed help from Lucinda, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. So did the pony.
It's a lovely old house with plenty of character and charm, and if you like horses you will be in heaven here. The setting is beautiful, and very peaceful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
We thoroughly enjoyed having you and Jack to stay. We look forward to your return for the next enthralling episode!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed recently using the farm as a base for visiting friends in the area. Wonderful period accommodation given the modern touch with excellent bathrooms and nicely furnished bedrooms with memory foam mattresses which was a first for me in any kind of hotel or holiday accommodation!! Comfortable lounge to relax in downstairs with satellite television and wifi too. Excellent breakfast and more than enough to set you up for the day. I was looked after very well and looking forward to returning on my next visit to the region.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Culmstock
Padbrook Park Hotel
White Hart
White Hart
#9 of 21 in Cullompton
Muddifords Court Country House

Been to Bowhayes Farm? Share your experiences!