“A few tiny niggles but nothing to spoil our time”

Landscove Holiday Park
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A few tiny niggles but nothing to spoil our time”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

OK, let's get the niggles out of the way first. There was no tin opener and the the potato peeler was a bit crap - no big issue, move on.

we could only pay cash when we went to the restaurant. Well we had the cash on us so just got some more out the next day.

The pool is tiny - so we went down the road the road to Riviera Bay and used their pool.

Some of the wooden lodges/chalets are looking a bit tired - but it seems that there is refurbishment work going on.

There was some building work going on - but we barely noticed it.

Overall this place was brilliant. We had booked a platinum lodge/caravan and it was fantastic. Spacious, well furnished and equipped, warm and comfortable.

The staff when we needed to speak to them were attentive and helpful, nothing was too much trouble.

Our caravan was sited at the very back of the park with easy access on to the coastal path and with a lovely decking that provided a wonderful place to sit out in the sun and watch the various birds flitting and soaring. This was even better when we realised that we had a nesting pair of ravens very close by.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a platinum lodge/caravan
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that you were missing a couple of inventory items upon your arrival and hope that once reported, they were delivered in a timely manner.
I would also like to apoogise that our Credit Card terminals were out of operation during your stay with us and I can confirm that this has now been rectified.
I am plesaed that you found your accommodation to be suitable to your needs and that you found the staff at Landscove to be "attentive and helpful" they really do work hard to look after our guests.
I hope that you will return again in the future when you will be more than welcome.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Polish first
devon
Reviewed April 7, 2014

we paid an extra £60 for our 3 day break for a luxury 'gold' caravan. what a disappointment. a very BASIC caravan with very few utensils and amenities, plus our fire didn't work, cooker hobs were intermittent. We expected so much more, having stayed at other parks where gold means gold,
There was no footpath to access the caravan so you had to walk through mud to get in. Caravans packed together really close so very small parking places, again in muddy puddles. Not much sleep as the trees surronding the caravan, nice as they are, make a tremendous noise in the wind. Shame about all the building work - maybe the gold caravans are still being installed?

The staff were all very friendly, and did try to rectify problems but I am still left wondering why this upgrade was so different to other parks we have been to.. a rip off.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I am very sorry that your recent stay with us was not as expected and that you were disappointed with your accommodation. I am certain that any request made to our reception team with regards to any additional inventory items required would have been handled accordingly.
Unfortunately the recent bad weather along the South Coast did take it's toll on Landscove and the ground is still drying out, therefore I can only apologise that you had to walk through a muddy area to access your accommodation. The weather also affected the building work taking place, which has caused a slight delay to the finish date.
I was pleased to note that you found the staff to be friendly and that they did try to rectify your problems.
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
Bilston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Brilliant five day break, thanks Ryan, your team and all the staff have created a fantastic atmosphere at Landscove your enthusiasm and hard work are infectious. I've visited Landscove for the past four/five years this was defiantly the best year so far. The chalet I stayed in was closer to the main building and had been refurbished with new settee's and a flat screen TV.
The sink in the bathroom is too small and the bath a little aged but good enough to use to stand in for a shower. Lovely walk onto Berryhead with the dog, not managed to catch the café open yet but it looks very nice. Thank you ......hope to return this year keep safe Loopy Rabbit missing you!!

Room Tip: Bronze six berth two bedrooms are very spacious
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jill H
Thank you for your kind review. I was pleased to note that overall you were happy with your acommodation. It was also great to see that this was your "best year so far" and that you found your holiday to be "fantastic value for money".
Finally I would like to thank you for giving Ryan and his team a special mention, I know that he will be really pleased as he does work to ensure our guests have an enjoyable stay with us.
I hope you do manage to come back and see us before the end of the year, where you will be very welcome.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

the team at landscove bay were fantastic. Nothing was to much trouble for them. A speacial thanks to ryan the entertainments manager , mark the resort manager hariot and shannon the entertainmemts team , dan and colin bar staff for the hard work they put in to make our stay memmorable. Looking forward to booking another stay at landscove.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you mikethor for such a great review. Your comment regarding the Landscove team being "fantastic" is greatly appreciated and will certainly please them all, especially Ryan, Mark, Harriet, Shannon, Dan and Colin who have all had a special mention in making your holiday so "memorable".
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2014

This is our second time at Landscove. It is an ideal location for walkers, right on the cliff edge for coast path, it is literally a few steps away. Brixham is a 20/25 min walk. The walk has no pavement or lighting for about 5 mins which is only a problem when you are staggering back from the pub in the dark.

There was building going on when we arrived, but we only use the chalet as a base to go walking and visit friends, so it didn't bother us. We paid £99 for 3 nights so it really is a great budget break.The bronze chalets are basic, but this time clean and freshly painted. But they do look grubby - the outsides have paint literally pealing off and look unloved. But what can you expect for that money? I look at is as one up from camping, there's a bath, cooker and bed, that's all you need.

The staff are friendly, especially the man in the shop, we talked endlessly about the joys of scourers (there were none!) and the uselessness of J cloths (all they had).

One thing before I go. I am a shocked that there is no warning (perhaps when you first arrive?) to say that at the end of the site there is a cliff edge with a sheer drop! There is a small gate, but most of the time it is left open. If you had a few kids that you asked to 'go play' whilst you unpacked...well I just don't want to think about it. Landscove, you need to sort this out. A weighted gate that closed automatically and a warning to parents.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent review. I was pleased to note that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. I am sure that you can appreciate that lighting in such a rural location is kept to a minimum to protect the environment and I can only apologise if you feel it was not suitable.
Here at Landscove we do aim to provide good value family holidays and I am glad that you feel it was a "Great budget break" and although some of the chalets are slightly older, we do aim to present them in a clean and comfortable condition.
I am sorry that the building work was not completed on the Park prior to your arrival as this was delayed due to the recent storms we have encountered along the South coast.
Your comments regarding our friendly staff are greatly appreciated and I am certain that the shop staff will be pleased to have had a special mention.
Being so close to the coast and cliff edge, we do expect parents to take care of their children, however I do appreciate your comments regarding the coast path gate. There are signs to "please close the gate", however these often go missing and are regularly replaced. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I hope that you will return to Landscove for a third visit i the future.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Myself partner and children had a brilliant weekend away at landscove, the entertainment staff definitely made are stay a great one. Ryan in particular was outstanding :) will definitely be back this year and in years to come, my children actually cried when we had to leave. Hope to see you all again soon :)

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for "an absolutely brilliant" review. I am pleased that our entertainment team "made your stay a great one" and I know that Ryan will be really happy to have had a special mention. It will be great to see you and your children back again later in the year.
St Austell, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I've read the reviews about lanscove and think something are right and some that are Being very picky.
I've been coming to park holidays for 5-6 years now and would not go else were.
I normally go golden sands 1-2 a year but when I came to lanscove last September with family members I canceled my booking for golden sands and booked here for now.
I will be coming back again this year and so on next year.
The reception staff are friendly and helpful.
The entertainment staff are great and the lady called Kelly is a good team manager.
And the bar staff are friendly and take time to go out there way to help you even if its not there job.
And the bar staff Marc and Lou serve and good pint and I always see them dashing around helping holiday makers and over staff out.
I book a holiday to have a break not run around the caravan or site picking faults to get money off my next holiday which I have seen for my self people do.
I go for a bronze all the time as there all the same in my eyes and not in a bad way but in a way that your on holiday so I just chill out and enjoy myself and a bronze is always clean and tidy.
I hope people don't take to much notice of the bad reviews and go there and see for your self how good it is at landscove.

• Stayed March 2014
Wow... Thank you for such a wonderful review. It is so refreshing when our guests take the time to share their positive experiences regarding their stay with us. The fact that you have mentioned our team members really is appreciated and I know that Marc and Lou will be especially pleased to have been named.
All of the staff here at Landscove work tirelessly to ensure our Guests have a great stay with us and I would like to thank you for acknowledging this.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
Churston Court Hotel
Churston Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Churston Ferrers
Lady's Mile Holiday Park

Been to Landscove Holiday Park? Share your experiences!