“So disappointed breakfast was awful!”

Landscove Holiday Park
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I booked our holiday and then read the reviews lets just say we arrived at landscove with a certain amount of dread! We had booked the platinum accomodation, on arrival this looked pleasant and certainly better than the sheds aka cabins on arrival, BUT after just one night sleeping on a very low bed we used the sofa bed in the lounge for the rest of our stay a week! Waking after sleeping in the bed both my husband and I were in quite am amount of discomfort to the point of sleep on the sofa bed or go home!! Anyway we progressed into breakfast which we had prepaid for the whole week I wish we never had we returned home and still have vouchers for four days breakfasts! I ordered a bacon roll, the bacon was cold the roll broke up it was so stale and I complained to the server, my bacon roll was swiftly replaced by a cooked breakfast but let's just say the amount of fat on my plate meant I couldn't, eat it!., both my husband and I after three breakfasts all with same problem of excess fat couldn't,t face any more and we started going off site for breakfast returning with vouchers worth in excess if £25.00 unused! I wonder if I returned them to park holidays would I get a refund I doubt it, I hAve never stayed in a holiday resort where staff are so relaxed they could be asleep there was no sign that any enjoyed their jobs! They certainly do not go out of there way to help a atmosphere of who cares really prevailed in the shop, reception, restaurant and entertainment centre we played bingo one night even I think that £15.00 for four games of bingo is excessive it lasted half an hour at the most talk about raking in profit!! Yes the platinum accomadtion is on the face of it decorated better than other places on the park but look deeper and the faults begin to show, no bin in the accomadtion for rubbish, crockery that was filthy on arrival! Duvet covers that have no way of being fastened! And there is no way that size of accomadtion is adequate for four people!! Also having to pay £18.00 for wifi access in the accomadtion is excessive they advertise it at £12 but fail to say that is just for one item as a disabled customer using the park I found it very difficult and think that not a lot of thought has gone into access to accomadtion access to the entertainment centre and access to reception steps every which way you looked!! We ended up just using the park as a base! We were told no cars were allowed to park outside platinum accomadtion but every place we walked past had their car outside!., why didn,t they enforce this there is insufficient lighting to be able to walk back to platinum accomadtion and I could have bumped into numerous cars, I can,t be left on my own so my husband couldn't,t drop me off then take the car back to the car park which caused serious problems for me walking and us not breaking the parking rules, also the amount of people we saw smoking in the accomadtion was terrible another policy parknholidays does not uphold!., all in all I would never go back to a park holiday camp again!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I am very sorry that your recent stay with us did not meet with your expectation and that there were several elements were not to your liking. The complex manager at Landscove has been made aware of your comments regarding the breakfast and would like to convey his apologies. Having personally eaten breakfast in the restaurant on many occasions, it is very unusual for excess fat to be present and i too would like to offer my apologies.
I was surprised to note your comments regarding the staff as it is more often the case that they are praised for the friendliness and helpfulness, and this is mentioned in so many Trip Advisor posts, I can again only apologise if you did not feel that the service was as expected. It certainly gives us no pleasure to cause upset to any of our guests and I can assure you that the team at landscove do enjoy their work..
Your comments regarding the accommodation have been passed on and duly noted. The design of the duvet cover is of such that they do not have fastners and these are supplied by our contract linen company, who also supply many hotels and hospitals.
The WIFI provided on the park is via a third party and is not operated by Park Holidays. We do however offer free WIFI in the main complex building as advertised.
With regards to access to the main complex, all areas can be accessed from the exterior of the building and an internal ramp is in place to reach the restaurant and reception area. We do also have several units of accommodation around the Park with easier access, however we do do not advertise any specific acessable units being available.
I am again very sorry that Landscove was not for you and hope that you did manage to enjoy the surrounding areas. Thank yuo for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed in a bronze accommodation, obviously because it was cheap, but on the pictures looked gorgeous. On arrival we pulled up to the shabby exterior of what looked like my grandads tool shed, just with more cobwebs... the paint was flaking off the walls, the grass overgrown.
We opened the door and straight away we were smacked in the face by the heavy smell of lemon bleach which is still burnt into my nostrils four days after. The shed looked grubby, dirty and shabby, the bath and shower curtains were mouldy, the toilet was wonky, no proper heating, plates were greasy, one pan even looked like it was just used.
windows leaked onto plug sockets which were wrapped in black tape to obviously prevent them getting wet, the amount of spider webs and insects was unreal, then as we were sitting there we started noticing FLEAS!!!

all in all Landscove ruined our holiday, we really couldnt be bothered to stay the last night we just wanted to be home, so we left at 2.30 rather than 10am the next day

DONT BOTHER!!! i would like a refund!!

Room Tip: Dont come here, go to the local public toilets to sleep, way cleaner
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steven D

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Landscove Holiday Park. It is very difficult to respond to any guest issues once you have left the park and I would hope that once reported to our reception team, every effort was made to make your stay with us more comfortable. I can confirm that none of the chemicals used in our accommodation contain bleach, however i have mentioned your comments to our Housekeeper who in turn has conveyed her apologies, esecially for the shortfall in cleaning standards.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hi we stayed here in September 2012 for 4 days. We were allocated a chalet which was shabby, smelly, dirty and grim to say the least. It stunk of dog and we didnt have one. Dog hair everywhere, everything had to be washed up before it could be used, 3 channels on the microscopic tv, just grim and depressing really.
Negative over, we did go half board and were very happy with the food and service in the restaurant, the bar areas were also good and friendly helpful staff. The entertainment, well, your average mediocre holiday park entertainment what can I say.
We were lucky enough to have great weather whilst there and used the outdoor pool, the pool is fine but a shame about the dirty broken sun loungers around the pool. I struggled to get my disabled husband up and down the steps to the pool with zero offer of assistance from the lazy pool attendants.
The park is in a nice location leading to a lovely cliff walk with great views and its only a short drive into Brixham centre which is lovely.

Room Tip: Dont stay in a chalet they need knocking down.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review. It is very difficult to respond to comments regarding your stay over 12 months ago as various points mentioned have been rectified.
It was however pleasing to note that the location of the park was to your liking.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed in a bronze caravan as we had dogs,this was quite clean and had everything we needed,the site was ok the pool a little dissapointing and the club smaller than what I expected however we did enjoy our stay, we found it to be a good site for anyone with dogs a good walk into brixham along the coast and head the other way there is a long walk to a secluded dog friendly beach,we were also given vouchers for free drinks and breakfast which I thought was a great idea,I would return with the dogs again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank lauren m

Thank you for your recent review. It would appear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon, when you and your pet will be very welcome.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We booked this camp on the Friday to stay there the Monday for four nights. We booked a Gold caravan at a very good price. This was the best we could get at this late booking. We arrived earlier than normally aloud into caravans 2pm. We checked in with reception because on other sites we have been able to get in earlier but the staff were not very welcoming and turned us away without a kind hello or anything. When we were able to get into the caravan B95, we found that the caravan smelt very strongly of Curry and when we told the reception they said they would send someone down to sort it, no on came. We waited for a couple hours but then we wanted to go out so we decided not to wait any longer. The caravan had lots of scruffs on the walls and also the drawers in the bedroom were broken. We did not think this was suitable for a Gold caravan. Club house was OK being out of season but the staff were not very friendly and one smelt rather badly of BO. We had a nice holiday because we made it nice ourselves.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review. I am sorry that you feel that the staff did not deliver our usual level of customer service and as a result I have brought this to the attention of the heads of department to enable them to convey your opinion to satff members.
I would also like to apologise that you had issues with your accommodation on arrival.
Here at Landscove we aim to offer good value family holidays to suit all budgets and I am very sorry if you feel we have failed you in any way as this is certainly not our intention. I hope that your experience on this occasion has not deterred you from holidaying with Park Holidays again in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just finished our third holiday at Landscove. We stayed in a silver caravan (B115) which had beautiful views of the sea and old forts. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Used the bar at the Riviera Bay holiday park a couple of times when we wanted an afternoon drink, and again the staff there were very friendly as well. Food in the restaurant was very nice, with lots of choices on the menu. Very prompt service as well. Only a shame we couldn't book the weather!! Booked again for next year.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for such wonderful review. It is always gratifying when guests take time to post their positive experiences for others to share. We do welcome all feedback, however the staff really do appreciate it when their efforts are recognised for which I thank you.
I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the facilities at both Landscove and our sister park "Riviera Bay".
Thanks you once again.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

we love the area, it has become a second home to us, we have visited the area many times and also stayed in Riviera bay (part of park holidays resort) before.
The cliff top view is amazing but to be honest, you can get to that along the coastal path from Berryhead. The park itself was shocking. We do not spend all our holiday Sat indoors, infact, we are the very opposite,and we try different places for food, but do expect, clean fresh smelling accommodation, not a leaky draughty rotten out dated shed. Where the toilet door actually fell off on my daughter. Which maintenance just bodged, for it to immediately fall off again. Most staff were helpful and cheerful but one in particular was rude. Another who I guessed was the life guard was slouched in a chair texting. The roof above the pool was leaking everywhere, the floor had green algy and did not look clean. Floor was wet through, and sloping zigzag passage way to the pool was wet through from a leaking roof, and I watched a guy slip down it. There was a sign in place across the puddle at the bottom. We never used the pool again, it felt too dirty. The accommodations bath was stained black, floor had dog hairs on, it smelt of dog, dog hairs were being found everywhere, on beds, on settee, settee was stained black on the arms, and twin room stunk of wee. Fat up the kitchen cupboards, a bathroom door we couldn't close because it was broken, and unless we shut our curtains we was overlooked, immediately by the neighbours massive window immediately opposite our massive window. The bathroom was an unpractical use of space, and the cupboard wreaked of mould. Also, our door to outside had a massive gap around it, and when we had the mother of all storms the first night we arrived,our accommodation had no guttering, so it leaked in around the door. Heater in twin room was not working, We was over looked from every angle, no privacy, and the wooden Windows were so swollen and rotten they was permanently open. We felt no security, we felt dirty,and overlooked. This is not how a customer should feel on holiday. We spent alot of time outdoors on our holiday, but is it too much to ask to come back to clean, fresh, comfy, accommodation where everything is in working order and with privacy! That's what we paid for and I am afraid we didn't get it, we won't be returning. Anyone wishing to book a holiday with a park site in this area, I recommend Riviera Bay site. It's not brilliant but much better. Everything is just far too dated at Landscove. They are joined onto the coastal path too so you can enjoy the views too. But to be honest there are much nicer holiday park about and as I mentioned before you can get the same view from Berryhead. I went with my husband and three children and whilst the children entertainment in the evening was good and staff were ok, I expect cleanliness and to be made to feel like a valued customer, and we just wasn't.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank mattymaz
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

I was sorry to note that your recent stay with us was not as expected. Like Riviera Bay, Landscove is a well established Holiday Park and although much of the accommodation is traditional style holiday chalets, they should be presented in a clean and comfortable condition and I can only apologise if this was not the case.
Your comments regarding the toilet door have been reported to our maintenance manager, who in turn has conveyed his apologies. I am certain that any cleanliness issue brought to our attention during your stay would have been dealt with by our housekeeping department and I am sorry that certain elemants may have been overlooked.
We value feedback from all of our guests and I would like to thank you for posting your review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
#15 of 17 in Paignton
Brixham Holiday Park
Brixham Holiday Park
#4 of 8 in Brixham

Been to Landscove Holiday Park? Share your experiences!