I booked our holiday and then read the reviews lets just say we arrived at landscove with a certain amount of dread! We had booked the platinum accomodation, on arrival this looked pleasant and certainly better than the sheds aka cabins on arrival, BUT after just one night sleeping on a very low bed we used the sofa bed in the lounge for the rest of our stay a week! Waking after sleeping in the bed both my husband and I were in quite am amount of discomfort to the point of sleep on the sofa bed or go home!! Anyway we progressed into breakfast which we had prepaid for the whole week I wish we never had we returned home and still have vouchers for four days breakfasts! I ordered a bacon roll, the bacon was cold the roll broke up it was so stale and I complained to the server, my bacon roll was swiftly replaced by a cooked breakfast but let's just say the amount of fat on my plate meant I couldn't, eat it!., both my husband and I after three breakfasts all with same problem of excess fat couldn't,t face any more and we started going off site for breakfast returning with vouchers worth in excess if £25.00 unused! I wonder if I returned them to park holidays would I get a refund I doubt it, I hAve never stayed in a holiday resort where staff are so relaxed they could be asleep there was no sign that any enjoyed their jobs! They certainly do not go out of there way to help a atmosphere of who cares really prevailed in the shop, reception, restaurant and entertainment centre we played bingo one night even I think that £15.00 for four games of bingo is excessive it lasted half an hour at the most talk about raking in profit!! Yes the platinum accomadtion is on the face of it decorated better than other places on the park but look deeper and the faults begin to show, no bin in the accomadtion for rubbish, crockery that was filthy on arrival! Duvet covers that have no way of being fastened! And there is no way that size of accomadtion is adequate for four people!! Also having to pay £18.00 for wifi access in the accomadtion is excessive they advertise it at £12 but fail to say that is just for one item as a disabled customer using the park I found it very difficult and think that not a lot of thought has gone into access to accomadtion access to the entertainment centre and access to reception steps every which way you looked!! We ended up just using the park as a base! We were told no cars were allowed to park outside platinum accomadtion but every place we walked past had their car outside!., why didn,t they enforce this there is insufficient lighting to be able to walk back to platinum accomadtion and I could have bumped into numerous cars, I can,t be left on my own so my husband couldn't,t drop me off then take the car back to the car park which caused serious problems for me walking and us not breaking the parking rules, also the amount of people we saw smoking in the accomadtion was terrible another policy parknholidays does not uphold!., all in all I would never go back to a park holiday camp again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the picturesque harbour town of Brixham within walking distance, and breathtaking scenery enjoyed from the Country Park & Nature Reserve of Berry Head just next door, you won’t have to go far to take in the best of the area. There are lots of themed attractions in the area and we won’t get upset if you leave us for the day. It’s your holiday – you enjoy it! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Landscove Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Landscove Holiday Park Hotel Brixham
- Landscove Holiday Park Brixham, Devon