“Landscove, for young fit persons”

Landscove Holiday Park
Reviewed June 25, 2013

On arrival reception staff pointed out where our accomodation was, went through a few things of interest for our stay. Beth the young girl in the shop was the most helpful always smiling and happy to asist.
Very nice chalet,T4 but the Bed and the sofas were very low down, no height to them at all. Not good for persons with aches and pains, would suit young people.
Landscove was a good base for our holiday. The walk at the end of the camp had stunning views of the Berry Head area.
Didn't use Swimming Pool or clubhouse so can't provide information on these.

Room Tip: Spoke to other couples who were using the site as a base for visiting the area. Its good for that.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. As with many of our guests it is apparent that you also found Landscove suitable as a base to visit the surrounding areas of Torbay, and we are certainly blessed with some great sceninc views.
It was kind of you to mention Beth in the shop and I know that she is very grateful for your appreciation. The staff at Landscove do try hard to ensure everyone is looked after.
I was only sorry to note that you found some of the furniture unsuitable and I am certain that had you mentioned this to our reception team we would have looked at ways to assist (ie, additional mattress etc...).
Thank you once again and I hope that you will return in the future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Up on arriving at the park we half expected the cast from carry on camping to come running out. Could do with a update.
We had a gold chalet which we where upgraded to and was not that clean if im honest as sofa was stinking and bathroom.evening meal was burnt and beyond edible so we got take out from local town.
On the last night we gave restaurant another shot at daughter request and it took 45 min to just bring drinks affer complaining. Food was ok but due to there messing about my daughter missed all yhe childrens activities so she was upset as was her bday.
Staff where grumpy and looked like rather be someplace else.
The chalets needs nets up as windows are facing o to road.so lack privacy.
Still waiting for a reply to a official complaint !

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank emmalouise120783

I was so sorry to note that you "would not come back". Landscove Holiday Park is a well established and traditional holiday Park and is loved by many of our guests who return year after year. I can only apologise that you appeared to have several service issues. It is more often the case that the staff are praised for being so friendly at Landscove as so many reviews mention and I am only sorry that you did not seem to experience this during your stay with us.
We do however welcome all feedback and I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

myself and my partner stayed one week Monday to Monday 1st week in June . our chalet was clean and had everything we needed in it,however the outside of chalet needed a coat of paint. the swimming pool was ok but mould was seen on the ceiling and toilet door,pool attendants were very friendly and polite. evening entertainment was good but drinks i thought were a little expensive . the park was very clean and tidy and overall we had a great holiday.

Room Tip: look for great deals on this site
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, General Manager at Landscove Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I was sorry to note that you thought our drinks were expensive as we do feel that we are very competative when compared to local pricing.
I hope that we can welcome you back again sometime.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Two adults. On arriving had time to look around the park before collecting keys...overall...some chalets looked tired from outside/lots of modern caravans on site. Nice grounds. Offered a (free of charge) upgrade from Bronze to Silver Plus Caravan on collecting our keys. Free vouchers for some drinks and food for each day we stayed...nice touch.
We found all staff helpful and friendly, and very efficient especially in the Restaurant and Shop...shame we had to pre-order our newspaper everyday from the nice lady in the shop...could have been better stocked shop.
Entertainment...Showtime was ok, some good singers at Landscove.
Caravan clean, mattress/pillows clean. Minor issues which were sorted immediately and efficiently..thank you.
Super views of the coast from the coastal path, easily walkable to Brixham.
Good value as we booked through The Sun offer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for a great review. I was pleased to note that you found our staff to be friendly and that you appeared to enjoy our facilities. I have noted your comments regarding the shop and i am very sorry that you felt it was not well stocked as we do aim to provide the essentials.
I am also pleased that you found the free vouchers useful too!
Thank you once again.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is our second trip to the area staying at Landscove. Three adults, two teenagers and three under eleven. We stayed in a Gold level static which was clean comfortable and had plenty of room for eight! The park facilities are very good with well kept grounds. This park is an excellent base to visit any part of Torbay and surrounding towns. Torquay town very close with good shops and marina, splashdown water park is very close (free wetsuit hire for the colder days, nice touch). Fantastic walks around Berry Head start from the bottom of the park. My boys love to come for the fishing which is an easy walk away, like last year fresh caught fish on the BBQ Saturday evening. Our friends joined us for this on the way back from there holiday and after half an hour said they would be booking with four kids for next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

I am very pleased that you and your family enjoyed your weekend at Landscove. It is always gratiufying to receive comments such as yours as it shows the team here how much they are appreciated by our guests.
I hope that we can welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

We phoned the day before we were due to arrive and managed to get an extra night at short notice only costing £30. Although on arrival staff weren't extremely happy and just passed over the key and gave me the map. When arriving at our chalet t21, we liked the fact we were in the corner and out of people's way. Another family had parked there outside our front door which made access a little tricky, they did go the next day. Next to the bench outside the chalet was a paving slab, under the paving slab was a drainage cover that didnt fit the hole and was dangerous, being covered by a slab is unacceptable on a family holiday site. The chalet- the bath leaked everytime it was used, the rim of the plug hole was not stuck down in the bath, the toilet had water that formed behind it throughout the day. The double bed was extremely uncomfortable, myself and partner are not large and we had trouble sleepin next to each other, the single beds seemed ok although my toddler decided sleeping on the floor was better. The microwave in the kitchen had stickers on it saying that the electrical test was last taken in may 2012. The electrical test on the cooker was last done in 2011. This to me was poor quality, we didn't use the facilities on site. The children's park had young children playing which is understandable however I had to speak to them on many occasions for pushin my toddler over, there were no parents in sight. The views from berry head were amazing and the costal walks were lovely especially in the evening. We visited brixham town for fish and chips and it was a lovely place. We enjoyed our time here, although these points I have made do need addressing. I do no think what we received was of a silver package quality.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Zoegareth

Thank you for your recent review. I was sorry to note that you felt the staff were not happy upon your arrival as this is very much out of character and would like to apologise if this was the case.
The issues you have mentioned have been reported to our maintenance team and many have been dealt with. With regards to appliance testing, a visual check is carried out on each changeover to assess everything is in working order as there is no longer a requirement for these to now be tested an labelled annualy.I am glad that you found the location of the Park to be suitable and managed to enjoy Brixham Town.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I wanted to go away for some peace and quiet by myself and picked Landscove. I was not disappointed. The caravan was spotless, comfortable and every thing you needed to cook was in the cupboards. The views from Berry point a 10 minute walk away were amazing.
The people at the reception and the lady in the shop were very friendly and helpful. I would come again and also recommend this to my friends.
The only draw back for me was the long lane you need to walk down before you can catch the local bus to get into brixham it stops near the Riviera holiday park but not landscove ....perhaps the park could convince them to add Landscove to the route.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jk4663

Thank you for such a lovely review. It is nice to know that you managed to have the relaxing break you set out to have. Your kind words will go a long way with our team here, especially our shop staff for which I would like to thank you for mentioning.
With regards to the public transport, unfortunately we are a little "off the beaten track" for the buses to stop any closer to the park.
Thank you once again for taken the time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
The Smugglers Haunt Hotel
The Smugglers Haunt Hotel
#16 of 26 in Brixham
Devoncourt Holiday Apartments

Been to Landscove Holiday Park? Share your experiences!