“Incredible food...”

Ayur
Ranked #17 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here we have other fish to fry!
Reviewed July 12, 2014

OMG... you must must eat here food incredible and hidden away, blink and you miss it. Ask where you stay to point you in the right direction as meal will totally amaze you flavours and presentation.. like Michelin Star food...

4  Thank Bonnycross

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I went here with my fiancé and another couple. We all shared the Asian starter platter. It was very tasty, though the pork belly was slightly overdone and the salad needed dressing.

My fiancé had the seafood soup which was incredible!!!! The bread and butter the accompanied it was to die for. I had the surf and turf with lobster tail and fillet steak. The lobster was delicious and the steak was very tasty, though I asked for it to be cooked medium-rare and it came out medium-well, which was a little disappointing for the price I paid for it.

All in all we had a really great evening and besides a few misdemeanours, the food was lovely.

We'll be back for sure.

1  Thank Alexander C
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We were here at the end of May for lunch. Popped in again today (Saturday) and had the 3 course set menu. The menu changes weekly and the choices make for a really interesting meal. All of the meals are presented to a high standard and the food is also of a high standard. What I like is you can have a fish starter and a vegetarian main or a vegetarian starter and a meat or fish main course. 2 great desserts plus an ice cream/sorbet option. Cost £13.95 for the 3 courses...great value. The wine list is very reasonably priced. The service is very good and it is a pleasant restaurant that we will visit again.

3  Thank Clive F
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Great meal and drinks at Ayur. Have been twice, I do miss the original menu however the quality of the meals has not changed. Great and will be back :)

2  Thank Leane M
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Very quiet night but to be fair it was not quite main holiday season and it was a Monday! Very good service by welcoming staff. Food very good and very reasonably priced.
My goats cheese mousse starter was delicious. A small portion but packed with flavour and an excellent start to the meal. My main was BBQ baby back ribs with coleslaw and chips. Excellent choice. Very tasty and tender and a massive portion. Needless to say there was no room for dessert but some small treats accompanied the coffee. I would recommend a visit here.

1  Thank Mealpup