“Don't miss out!!!”

Ayur at Pilgrims
Ranked #32 of 105 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Here we have other fish to fry!
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Don't miss out!!!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My wife and I have been waiting for this restaurant to open and we were certainly not disappointed. The food is of the very highest quality and quite diverse offering a truly different dinning experience. Leslie and anish are two of the nicest people you could meet and the menu is great value. Don't miss out and treat yourself.

• Visited May 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Somerset, United Kingdom
“So refreshing to have something different in Brixham”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband, daughter and I tried this restaurant for the first time a couple of weeks ago, WOW! At last something really different in Brixham. The food is a fusion of southern Indian, western and Thai. The starter and mains that we had were delicious and completely different from anything else I've experienced in this country. I had Beef Malabar for mains, the meat was perfect and the combination of flavours superb. For starters I had rice dumplings with a tamarind sauce, again completely different and lovely. The service and attention to detail is faultless and I can't wait to come back here.

1 Thank masonfamily99
AYUR-PILGRIMS, Owner at Ayur at Pilgrims, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I can recall your daughter raving about our Salmon dish and yes, we are very different and this was our dream- to offer something different to Brixham.
The secret behind the flavours is the home ground spices, we never open jars.
We are already working on our new menu for next year and alternative Xmas and new year's eve menu which will be published on our website very soon.
Many many thanks for your lovely review and it always makes us happy and confident when we read such good reviews.
Than you so much.
Bromley, United Kingdom
“A must!!!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Booked after reading previous reviews and was not disappointed.I had the lamb shank meal and my boyfriend had the nasi goreng.What delicious food, different from other restaurants in the area. A long wait for food but well worth it. Very friendly owners and the chef Anish comes to talk to the customers. Lesley is very welcoming and makes excellent desserts. We had starter, 2 mains,dessert a bottle of wine and larger all for around £50. Excellent food, customer service and value.

You mentioned value!
Yes, we have designed our menu for all to enjoy at reasonable price and even our wines are carefully selected to go with our food. Again Lesley's desserts are doing well, as you can imagine how homemade stuff should taste like (light & refreshing). As all our food are homemade it does make a lot of difference and we are so glad that you are one of those who experienced the difference.
Thanks for your lovely review and hope to see you again.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and great service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I'm not entirely sure I can do this restaurant justice with words, but to start I would like to say that if you happen to be in Brixham, definitely try this place. It puts others in the town to shame with its delicious food and attentive and friendly service.

The food is simply amazing. It is well prepared and presented and it tastes delicious, the side dishes that come with each of the fusion dishes add to the overall flavour of the course and each one, whilst distinct and well flavoured, complements the main items of food.

The appetisers I tried were very tasty and quite good value in comparison to some other restaurants. They paved the way for an intensely delicious main course and fantastic desert.

The main course I had, the lamb, was superb. The meat was well cooked and exquisitely tender with lots of flavour. The cumin rice was very tasty, I do wish I had the recipe!

For desert, we each had something different, of which I tried everything I could! The White Chocolate Torte, as mentioned by another reviewer, is absolutely amazing. It is very light, yet is very creamy and intensely flavourful. The chocolate is balanced well with the berry compote for an exceptional desert. The chocolate brownie is again delicious, its intensely chocolate but also again not a heavy desert. Mixed with the honey ice cream, the brownie is phenomenal.

The service is very attentive and added to the experience of the restaurant. The décor and mood of the restaurant is inviting and makes a very nice place to eat. The main meals are moderately priced, but very well worth it for a special occasion or a treat out. I would heartedly recommend this restaurant to others and hope to visit again soon.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michael J
AYUR-PILGRIMS, Owner at Ayur at Pilgrims, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
As you mentioned about our food and service your review is amazing too. This will definitely contribute to our progress and will keep us working hard to provide our valued customers the best experience in Brixham. Simultaneously we are so pleased that you had a wonderful meal and enjoyed the evening the most.
Once again thank you for your lovely review and hope to see you soon in the near future.
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“LAST SUPPER”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Visited Ayur on the last night of our holiday to wonderful Devon on 7th June 2013. We were lured in with a menu that offered something a bit different from the other restaurants in Brixham and received a warm welcome from Lesley and given full explanations of the dishes on offer. Lesley was a lovely hostess and the service was attentive without being intrusive. We ordered the seabass and the appam with chicken stew both of which were great. For dessert, the white chocolate truffle torte with black cherry and brandy compote was to die for. Anish came down front of house to see how we enjoyed our meal which was a nice touch. Best of luck to Lesley and Anish in their new venture and we will be back whenever we return to Devon. Glad to see other diners share our opinion.