“stunning seafood”

Ranked #18 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 2, 2013

had a massive seafood salad (for two) shared with my 4yr old who tried it all for the first time and loved it very well presented extremely friendly staff as I had my 10 month old with me who cant eat shell fish yet I asked if it would be ok to get some food from the chip shop and sit at the table with me and my son as my husband is also not keen on sea food there was no problem the view of the harbour is wonderful and I would recommend anyone in brixham do not walk pass without sampling something from here as it is delicious next time I am visiting devon I will be sure to come back to claws

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I visited Brixham during the last week. I am a seafood lover so Claws was the first place we visited but disappointingly for an East End boy they did not have any jellied Eels.
There cabin promotes jellied eels but we were told they sold out last week. We had some rollmop and cockles ( cockles not as good as Leigh on Sea) and then moved on. Shame our first experience was soured

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I made a brief visit to Brixham during a recent trip to Devon. Since the sun was shining and it was lunchtime we decided to have lunch overlooking the harbour. We tried to get a table at the Claws eating area on the quay side but it was very busy and we were told that it was not possible to reserve a table. This was very disappointing and when we were about to leave we were pointed towards Claws Inside . The first appearance was that the place was fairly basic , witth simple rustic tables but we were assured that the food was superb. And they were right !! We were a little torn between crab salad an moules mariniere so we ordered one of each. The friendly waitress suggested that since the portions were so large we might like to have the salad as a starter to share and if we were still hungry we could have the mussels. She was absolutely right - the salad was huge with dressed crab, a large pile of peeled prawns and slices of smoked salmon plus greek salad, coleslaw, potato salad an bread and butter. More than enough for 2 and costing just £13.95. We never had the mussels but will definitely try them on our next visit to Brixham !

1  Thank Les B
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Really lovely fish salad and beautifully presented, we very much enjoyed our meal overlooking the harbour .

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Had lunch at this quayside eatery in Brixham. Prawn cocktail and fresh crab sandwhiches absolutely first class at very reasonable. The young staff were friendly and very efficient Would thoroughly recommend and will go back here .. . The only downside is that because of it s popularity not always easy to get a table at busy times however the wait for a table will be well rewarded with first class ultra fresh seafood.

1  Thank skipper47_11