“Crab to die for”

Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Crab to die for”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My partner and I decided to try the Crab Quay House on Thursday night. What a great experience. The staff were very attentive and helpful even recommending wines. We both had starters Moules for the other half and beef strips for myself. Both well cooked and seasoned. Followed by Dressed Debra Crab for the other half. I've never seen such a huge tasty crab in my life. I had the battered fish, which was crispy from the moment it came out to the moment I finished it all!!!!
With it's lovely location, watching the fishermen unloading their catches and having the open kitchen so we could watch the chefs what more would you need.
We returned on Saturday night with a couple of friends who equally raved about the food and location and then again on Monday night before returning home.
What more can I say 3 visits in 1 week.

1 Thank deblitz

Berwick-upon-Tweed
“Lovely Setting, Thoughtful Service”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

A wonderful setting overlooking Brixham harbour - complete with seals, birds and traditionally dressed fisherman. Service was attentive and skilled. Husband's fish pie featured incredibly fresh (as you would expect) fish and well seasoned mash. My omelette was smaller than described but salmon was tasty. Very good coffee. Worth a visit in a town lacking in atmospheric dining.

1 Thank julia37
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
“Superb Location, Food & Service”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband & I came across Crab Quay House on a very wet Sunday afternoon and thought we would give it a try as it was lunchtime, we certainly got far more than we expected. The restaurant is contemporary and very well equipped. There is also a fantastic view of the harbour and sea beyond as the restaurant is situated on the first floor and there is a huge decked area so that you can sit outside in better weather. The was an excellent choice of food on the menu, I personally chose scallops to start, followed by beer battered cod with hand cut chips and mushy peas. The scallops were some of the best I have ever had. The cod & chips were delicious and really hit the spot. Although full, I was tempted for a dessert by the apple and cinnamon strudel - I will certainly be visiting again just for the dessert alone !!! My husband chose parsnip soup (which I couldn't resist tasting) followed by a trio of pork, all of which really impressed him. We have recommended Crab Quay House to all our friends and will definitely be visiting again soon.

1 Thank Linda H
Brixham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great service and a great meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Two adults and two children had a very nice meal with very attentive service from the staff.

The restaurant is very modern and tastefully decorated which provides a nice background ambience to enjoy a meal with friends or family.

Whether the restaurant is full or empty is of little significance to us as long as the food and service is good and both were.

My steak was beautifully prepared, the trio of pork was absolutely delicious and the kids fish was in the lightest and crispiest batter that we've seen in a long while.

It's the first meal in months where we were all completely satisfied with our food and couldn't really find any negatives to speak of.

Based on our experience, we would definitely recommend Crab Quay and are just on our way there now for another family meal......

Devon
“Free bottle of house wine for posting positive review?!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Not sure this is the way to go (see title of review) ......... However three of us did enjoy a nice lunch recently, despite the lack of atmosphere as we were the only ones dining there until another couple arrived. Great views and must be nice when the weather is warm to be able to sit outside on the balcony.

• Visited December 2012