“Excellent fish and chip shop love it”
Review of Churchills Fish and Chips - CLOSED

Churchills Fish and Chips
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent fish and chip shop love it”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have to say that this chip shop is a whole lot better than any other chip shop in brixham there gravy is perfect chips and there fish not greasy which is more than I can say for nicks his food is pants .. I am a local and I would rather cook myself if churchills is closed .. The staff are friendly my kids love them they are an absolute asset to brixham :)

1 Thank Mazzaanne

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tasty fish n chips- family on holiday from Bristol!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

After our day out in brixham we decided to visit churchills. We were impressed with the shop front and decor we decided to give it a go! As a family of four 2 adults 2 kids its always difficult too find something to suit all but we were pleasantly surprised. We ordered cod and chips, children's cod and chips and even ice cream for desert! All was served with a smile and tastier delicious! We will be visiting again in our next holiday ( June 2014!) the Francis family!

1 Thank Francisfamily123
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

NOM NOM NOM delicious fish and chips I would recommend it to anyone you won't be disappointed, ignore the bad reviews!

1 Thank brixhamjoanne
Brixham, United Kingdom
“Bad food, bad attitude”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I are Brixham folk and so like to support local restaurants whenever possible hence our visit to Churchills which recently opened in Brixham.
We were extremely disappointed. This fish and chip take away/café can be summed up in four words: Frozen fish, frozen chips.
If there is anywhere in the UK where it is inexcusable to use anything other than fresh fish it has to be Brixham.
We were so disappointed with our takeaway fish and chips that we went back and complained about the quality. We were told ‘you ordered fish and chips and you’ve got fish and chips!’.
That kind of response is as unacceptable in our town as is the grey looking frozen fish we paid for. The locals in Brixham will obviously give this place a wide berth but ours is a tourist town and it is the tourists I feel for. It is exactly the kind of establishment which can give our town a bad name.
For any tourists coming to Brixham and looking for fish and chips they are some excellent ones in town, two of them very close to Churchills: The traditional Brixham Fish Takeaway & Restaurant and the more upmarket Simply Fish. Both are excellent, take my advice and give Chuchills a very wide berth.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank BrixhamDave
Bicester, United Kingdom
“Never again!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

You expect to get good Fish & Chips in a fishing port town like beautiful Brixham - but not at this place! Tasteless and oily, chips not much better and service definately WITHOUT smile. Don't bother!

• Visited October 2012