“Ardent Tea drinker converted to Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Millie and Me

Millie and Me
Ranked #28 of 104 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Millie and Me is a brand new Coffee Shop in the heart of Brixham. We set out to create a warm and welcoming yet quirky space which reflected our personality and ethos. We serve delicious, fairtrade 'FatRoc' Organic Coffee, home made cakes,and pies, and freshly made paninis.
Devon UK
“Ardent Tea drinker converted to Coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

After 35 years of being an ardent Tea drinker, and many failed attempts at cafes and coffee shops trying to tempt me over to the dark side, the baristas at Millie and Me's have managed to show me that real Bean to cup Coffee can be as refreshing and tasty as a cup of Tea.

As friends and families would testify I'm not generally one for giving praise but this place is the acception to the rule.

Well done :0)

Derbyshire
“What a let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The design of this venue is lovely, fresh and bright, and that is where the positives end. Staff unable to tell me what was in the quiche, it was brocoli by the way, not the spinach and goats cheese that you told us. It wasn't heated properly, lukewarm in places, stone cold in others. Completely over-priced, overall, very disappointing, especially given the reviews below.

• Visited July 2012
Bower39, Owner at Millie and Me, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I wasn't on duty when you visited Millie and Me but I remember the day in question and take full responsibility for the misunderstanding over the ingredients. We had a very busy lunchtime and had run out of the goats cheese tart, I had bought down the Stilton and broccoli as a substitute but I failed to tell Harry and Taylor about the change hence their confusion. I am sorry you were disappointed, as a new business we appreciate all feedback and given the opportunity would have dealt with any complaint at the time. However as a team we have discussed this incident and amended working practices accordingly.
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Best coffee in Bay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Millie and Me is a friendly family run cafe serving the best coffee for miles plus a great selection of delicious homemade cakes and pastries too.

• Visited July 2012
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“A hidden jewel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

We found this small tea house by chance and had a deliciious cream tea. Decor is like a cottage living room and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. A new place and they deserve to do well.

Visited July 2012
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“It's too cute!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I popped into Millie and Me with my partner, mum, sister and niece after seeing photos of their cakes and tea cups on their facebook page, and just thought it was such a cute place. It's well decorated and comfy. Location is great - 2 seconds away from the harbour and on the corner of the main shopping street, so it's easy to just nip in for a cuppa while you're out and about....

My little niece looked like she'd lost a puppy when we were told they didn't have any apple juice, but "the big man up the ladder" (as he's now called) was helpful enough to pop to the shop to get some... she was quite happy at being spoiled and had a great time with the kids toy basket :) Sophie was also extremely patient as we took decades choosing what homemade treat to spoil ourselves with, and my slice of vicky sponge was just fab!

All in all, we had a great visit, and will be regulars from now on, for sure! Well done guys xx

• Visited June 2012