“Excellent vegetarian food and good service”
Review of The Black Cat Cafe - CLOSED

The Black Cat Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Serving homemade freshly cooked vegetarian food. Start the day with a veggie breakfast; enjoy the freshly ground coffee and daily baked scones and cakes. Lunch is served from 12pm and includes soups, tarts and salads as well as daily specials. Vegan and gluten free dishes are on the menu. A lovely, friendly establishment tucked down Beach Approach, which is just opposite the William of Orange Statue. Open everyday except Sunday.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Although small this cafe, hidden down a side alley off the harbour, gave us an excellent lunch when my wife and I visited with our grandchildren. The food was tasty and well cooked and the lady who served us (and owns the cafe) couldn't have been more obliging and helpful. We all loved the visit and will certainly return!

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Loved this cafe- nice change from all the seafood! The homemade ginger cakes made with sweet potato... I want that recipe!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great ambiance, great host.
Extremely impressed.

Sticky banana cake and clotted cream was to die for.

If you are a veggie of if you just want great food not overpriced then visit this place.

Unfortunately we only found it on our last day in Brixham, but we will be back :-)

Thanks

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were looking for a vegetarian cafe in Brixham, that we visited some years ago. The atmosphere and food was good, better than I remembered from last time. The waitress was very accomodating, even though it was late in the day. There was a possibility to 'takeaway' the good salads on offer.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend doesn't eat meat and after spending the weekend gorging on seafood I decided we would try this cafe out. The cafe is located down a quiet side street and has a nice atmosphere. We were pretty much the only customers in the cafe and the only criticism if any I would mention is the service could have been a bit more proactive considering how quiet they were. The waitress was very friendly and nice. We ordered a feta, olive and courgette tart and salad and my girlfriend had a toasted tortilla with falafel hummus and salad both dishes were extremely tasty and colorful. The menu was inventive unlike veggie options most restaurants offer.

Afterwards we ordered a gluten free brownie and ice cream and a banana and pecan cake both of which were very tasty. Overall my girlfriend rated the cafe the best meal she are during our stay in brixham will definitely visit again.