“simply the best”

Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We love to promote and sell the best quality Brixham Fish has to offer, our products can be the traditional Cod, Haddock but also Lobster, Crabs, Scallops, Monkfish and many More.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

we has starters of mussles (some of the best & sweetest I've has , hubby has plaice gougons also fresly cooked & full of flavour . The wine was pricy but full of n/z taste , then come the main haddock 4 me cod 4 the hubby again local fresh fish beautifully cooked :) can.t wait to return & yes a bit pricy but restaurant quality & a special mention 4 our waiter Jack who nothing was 2 much trouble , 5* from us :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My husband had haddock and I had grilled monkfish. The monkfish was very nice and a good sized portion, but the liquid from the fish was swimming all over the plate and into my chips.
My husbands fish and chips were good but not exceptional (like the Start Bay Inn) The service was slow but they were busy and I am happy to wait when your meal is being freshly cooked.The staff were very good and pleasant.
We said we would not rule out dining there again but we would not rush back.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Visited Simply Fish in Brixham on Wednesday 12th June - the waiters were very helpful and the place was spotlessly clean. We had the starter which was two osters (which I had cooked) and two Scallops which were also cooked the same as the osters and put back in shells. They were lovely served with some nice brown baguett and butter to soak up the juice and butter. I then had Monk fish, chips and salad - the monk fish was cooked to a T. The other half had haddock, chips and peas. They both were lovely presented and cooked. 10 out of 10....

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Tried their fish and chip take away staff rude and poor service cannot understand why people would pay the prices to sit down so over priced and people standing waiting to be served for their take away talking and shouting across the road to other people. Door wide open so if its a cold day not pleasant why not have used their heads and had seperate shops if they don't won't to be classed as a take away as when I mention the place to people thats what they think it is. If thats the case so over priced for a take away and not tasty at all put most of it in the bin across the road

1  Thank janice l
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Really lovely fish and fab chips. Absolutely adore the batter. Must say the owners aren't that friendly though. Could do with being more polite