TripAdvisor

Ranked #6 of 14 Quick Bites in Brixham
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place is a hive of activity when the sun shines! A fab place to sit outside and watch the world go by. We shared a lovely pizza one lunch time with a lovely salad bowl ( you helped yourself so could choose what you liked). On Sunday we decided to have the carvery at lunch time, I nearly didn't bother, but popped into book, glad I did as the place was rammed. Our time was 2pm and I was slightly concerned that items may have run out. However I must say all was delicious, meat tender and plentiful and all veg kept being topped up. All in all a good place to stop by.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (644)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were looking for a lunch that was lighter than a burger and passed The Prince William on a stroll up to the marina. Noticing the board advertising the super salad bar we decided to give it a go as we walked back. Most places which have a salad bar give you one of the 'protein' choices and then all the salads. Here you could have all of them if you wanted: three types of cold meat, fresh salmon and spinach and feta pie, as well as cheese, rolls and crackers. The salads were varied and tasty. It was altogether excellent value for such a substantial plateful. The staff were friendly and efficient, and the location right by the harbour is lovely. We were thoroughly satisfied with our lunch choice.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

After a long walk around the coast my partner and I stopped off at The Prince William for a much needed drink. For mid September the weather was more like high summer, resulting in a very busy Prince William. Whilst we were sitting outdoors we noticed there was a late evening carvery, serving from 6pm to 9pm. We had originally tried to book elsewhere at lunch time with no success. I read the reviews for the carvery and thought we would give it a try. A helpful staff member informed us that it was usually very busy for the carvery and suggested we start to queue early. It was very busy, as the staff member had stated and we started to queue at 5:50pm. Although the establishment itself doesn’t look overly appealing once indoors, and the toilets needed a deep clean I could not fault the food in any way once we received it. I can only assume as it was a busy evening, and had no doubt been a busy day the staff were not on top of keeping a check on the toilets or floor areas in the bar and restaurant.
The carvery itself, as I stated cannot be faulted. The 3 meats on offer were all perfectly cooked, tasty and juicy. Excellent selection of vegetables including roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings. As with the meat all the extras were perfectly cooked and tasty. I would have no hesitation recommending the carvery and would certainly return if we visited the area in the future. Just a recommendation that despite being busy, it would be beneficial for a member of staff to keep on top of the presentation of the toilets and other areas. Other may not find it appealing to eat here based on the presentation.

1  Thank terri19790
Reviewed September 15, 2019

I am not sure why I eat here again, I had the so called home cooked ham egg and chips, I am sure the packet said home cooked ham. This place is selling its self as a gastro pub, so sad to see a great place go so far down hill. The good news is you sill don't have to que for food not like the past owners, the not so good news is the bar service was not as quick as last time I went, but still quicker than the last owners. I wish the new owners much luck but wish they would sort the food out.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

After standing in a queue for half an hour , we finally reached the serving point of the carvery, our son has a rare and life threatening medical condition that requires him to eat a strict low protein diet. We spoke to the young lady at the serving point about this situation and she went and got the main chef to come and speak to us. This gave us the chance to enquire about the vegetarian gravy and any additional ingredients added to the vegetables...ie milk in the mash etc. The Chef (a big bald rude and ill mannered man) looked at us like we were complete idiots for daring to ask him something out of the ordinary which was quite ironic considering that stuck down on the unit between ourselves and the chef was a sign saying how they are happy to help with any allergies and food intolerances!!
The food itself was fine and the rest of the staff helpful, unfortunately this was marred by the rude unhelpful chef.