“Fantastic”

The Breakwater Bistro
Ranked #8 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beachside coffee shop & bistro, located on breakwater beach, Brixham Serving breakfast, lunch and evening meals everyday.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

What a gem, Found this place by accident... Had lunch on Wednesday 17th July. Weather unbelievable. We have a young gorgeous labradoodle pup asked if dogs are welcome? Reply 'of course' It was so hot I had no shirt on asked if I could still dine? Reply of course. We sat on sun terrace. I pushed boat out and ordered Sea food Feast £28.00 for two. It was fantastic rapid service by staff who could not do enough for you. Overall a wonderful location incredibly friendly staff and fantastic food. It must have been good I left a £5.00 tip.

1  Thank MarkJordan968

Reviewed July 19, 2013

My children have food allergies and the team at Breakwater were more than happy to be flexible and accommodate our needs - much easier as everything is freshly prepared from scratch. The food was delicious and the view, sublime!

1  Thank TravelQueen2024
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I popped in here a couple of times during a weekend to Brixham as it is very well suited if you're walking along the breakwater. They have the normal types of british fare, fish and chips et al, and I chose the whitebait and a crab blini. While neither were terrible, they didn't set the world on fire either. This is a great spot for a coffee and ice cream and to watch the grockles on the beach.....
They have many people serving, but the service was not great - trying to get anyone's attention was difficult at times, despite it not being completely full. I would go back, but to enjoy the view, rather than the food.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Difficult to find by car as its down by the seashore and you can't see it from the road, I think you could walk around to it from brixham harbour, but as we were staying near paignton we went by car. Restaurant is upstairs and has an outside decking area which is where we sat as all the tables inside were either taken or reserved. However this was no problem as the evening was beautiful and we watched the setting sun, the food and drinks order were taken promptly and although being busy all arrived without delay, the food is of good quality and plentiful all the food is good ordinary type food I.e I had fish, chips and mushy peas my partner had mussels all very nice. Our only gripe which is no fault of the restaurant is that in the car park below where we were sitting was a group of skateboarders although not rowdy it just spoilt the setting we were in.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Been to this restaurant many times only for lunch but it has been fantastic every time. Sandwiches or jacket potatoes both very good value for money. Taste good and the presentation is great.The views from the restaurant are fantastic. The staff are all very polite.and good at their jobs. worth a visit. See you all in September.