The chalet was nice and clean, well maintained, however, the clubhouse provided little/no entertainment, the on site shop was more like a cupboard with a freezer in it, not really helpful if you need to buy food and such. Something which I think was fundamentally wrong was the acceptance of dogs in the clubhouse which is unsanitary as food is served in there.
The swimming pool is just that, not very entertaining, with a toddler's pool outside which just seems nonsensical and the playground looks as if it's about to fall over.
The location of the holiday park is not ideal, with no proper beach near just a rocky cove, that requires you to climb down step steps carved in a cliff to get to. The views from the lapwing chalet are quite nice, with views if the sea and the city scape which looks especially good at night.
There is a hilly walk to get into the town, which is quite a nice place, and has a variety of diners and gift shops.
The staff seemed friendly, although we didn't really come into contact with them too much.
The bed and pillows were very uncomfortable and it felt like sleeping on a wall.
Overall, the experience wasn't terrible, despite the fact that we had to travel to Paignton for entertainment, however there are definitely some improvements to be made, which could include updating the chalets. I would recommend this holiday park to over 55's with dogs and people who like hill walking!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have Caravans and Chalets. One bedroom, two bedroom or three bedroom. Most with a sea view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Brixham Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brixham Holiday Park Hotel Brixham
- Brixham Holiday Park Devon