“Enjoyable stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brixham
South Bay Holiday Park
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Have just returned from a 4 night stay at south bay, although booked in to a primula gld caravan i think we was upgraded as caravan was beautiful, looked brand new and was immaculately clean, did have no electric on arrival but once reported it was sorted straight away. There wasnt anything i could fault with the caravan. We had a look arround the site wich had everything you would want on a holiday, we spent our time visiting local areas like brixham, torquay and paighton. We had an enjoyable and relaxing stay, thankyou john fowler our faith has been restored.

Room Tip: Book gold accommadation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Traceyannhopkins
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at South Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving us such a fantastic review, we really appreciate it. Your comments have been passed to all departments.

It is comforting to learn that we have been able to restore your confidence in John Fowler Holidays. We are a family business, having been in existence for 60 years and have always prided ourselves in our customer service.

Once again, thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We arrived on Monday and were pleasantly processes by Reception within 2 minutes and guided to our Chalet. The accommodation was roomy and clean - the only downside was the ancient rubber shower hose contraption that really needs to be updated. At breakfast on Tuesday morning we discovered that there was no grill pan in the cooker but this was remedied within 15 minutes of it being reported. The site was very nicely laid out and neat and tidy.
The club was good fun and on the occasions we ate there the food was hot and edible but would have preferred to see it served on proper plates rather than takeaway containers. Ben, Ness and Roxxi provided fun entertainment throughout the evenings with a varied routine each night.
I felt the prices at the bar were a little high though compared to other local hostelry.
The Blues duo of Giles and Phil were really good and although just a short gig they claimed the highest applause level.
Found all the staff to be very helpful and friendly and would not hesitate to return to this park especially as I have stayed at other John Fowler places and some Haven as well!
A big thank you to all concerned who made our week one of the most enjoyable UK holidays for a very long time - THANK YOU

Room Tip: Chalets could do with a little modernising but are comfortable. Certainly a proper shower would incr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at South Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how helpful and friendly the staff were.

Once again our entertainments team have been singled out for extra praise and there is no doubt that they deserve it. They are all doing a brilliant job this year and work extremely hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

arrived on the 23rd of sept for a 5 day break there was a party of 7 of us me my husband our two daughters and partners and our great grandson age nearly three we had 2 caravans a bronze and a silver,i was shocked to read the reviews of dirty caravans both ours were of a very high standard of cleanliness all kitchen utensils were spotless the bronze had a little balcony with table and chairs.the only down side are the beds which we found rather lumpy and the shower mat was rather stained we liked the location a walkable distance to brixham and st marys beach or you can get a taxi for a fixed rate of £4.30 which for 4 works out cheaper than the bus.we only used the club a couple of times but enjoyed it it could do with a bit of a update I agree,our great grandson loved the pool and the staff on duty very friendly as we found all the staff to be.Now I need to give a big thankyou to the staff who found my purse that I left in the caravan on departure and did not realise till I got home and on a phone call told me it had been found and they posted to me which I have now received I am so grateful as it had my debit cards etc,so well done all of you at john fowlers.thanks again and we will return again.J Kemp

Room Tip: try and get a balcony would be so handy in the summer months and child friendly
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at South Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic review. It is satisfying to hear that you had a great time on our park. I have passed on your feedback on to the department managers so they can share this success with their teams.

I sometimes wonder who writes the poor reviews about such a lovely park but perhaps, more importantly, why. When we try to contact the writers of the really bad ones to discover what exactly went wrong with their holiday, you can imagine we get no reply.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

nice and quiet site. We hava just got back from this lovely site. nice and peacfull. the accommadation was very nice we stayed in a royal gold caravan whitch was very well equiped and clean (welldone house keeping). the site in some places could do with a coat of paint in a fiew places not bad for near the end of the season the staff wher verry frendly and polite. realy enjoyed the brake Nice one

JohnFowlerHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at South Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

We do take great pride in cleaning all grades of accommodation to a very high standard and it’s brilliant that this isn’t going unnoticed. All comments will be passed on to our Housekeeper and the cleaning team.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

On arrival I was given the keys to chalet 5, The front door didn't shut properly due to the lock hanging off the door, the kitchen sink leaked into the cupboard underneath, no shower just a 1980's style hose, cobwebs round the ceilings in EVERY room, food down the side of a single bed and mold growing up the wall in the twin room.

Back to reception as I refuse to let my family stay in accommodation that disgusting, after dealing with a duty manager that couldn't be bothered I got the head housekeeper who informed me that chalet number 5 had been cleaned that morning!

I was then given the keys to chalet 22 and along with a member of housekeeping staff off I went to inspect my new abode, this is nice, cleaner and it has a shower oh look it has mold growing up the wall in the double bedroom this time and it's on the furniture as well. The guttering was blocked and overflowing as well. Back down to reception we go.

Duty manager has now decided to ignore me completely and head of housekeeping is telling me that they will clean the mold with bleach, when I commented that you can't clean mold with bleach all it does is take the color out of it she told me I didn't know what I was talking about, all the while the duty manager had his back to us looking out of the window.

Managed to get a refund and went in search of somewhere clean to stay with my family.

That is the last holiday I book with John Fowler Holidays

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Tuppence39
Patrick_Jennings, Guest Relations Manager at South Bay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

I am sorry the park was not to your taste but as you were able to see, it is a very popular place. The chalets in question were used prior to your arrival and subsequently with no problems.

However, I am pleased to hear that the staff recognised your distress immediately and went out of their way to look after you and settle the matter quickly without having to go through a long and drawn-out procedure.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Have just arrived back from this holiday park( Sept.20th 2013). Was very unsure after having been a caravan owner for 20 years in Norfolk but have to say the Caravan was spot on. Stayed in a Poppy gold and was very impressed! Site was very clean and tidy and staff were very good. Cannot comment on the club house as didn't use it,would go back there without hesitation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've just come back from our weeks stay at South Bay. Our Poppy Bronze Caravan was a lovely caravan and was clean upon arrival. The location was excellent for exploring the surrounding areas. Great facilities for kids, the pool and park are fab. The entertainment at the club made our Holiday as our 2year old loved the Foxy Club. Big thank you to stripey Ben, Ness and Roxxie who put in so much effort with the kids and adults too! Can't wait to come back and see them all again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your fantastic feedback; it’s always a pleasure receiving such positive comments.

We are very lucky with the location of our park in such a beautiful part of Devon and we are delighted that you were able to share that experience.

Let me thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to our park very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brixham
Quayside Hotel
#1 of 25 in Paignton
Churston Court Hotel
Churston Court Hotel
#2 of 2 in Churston Ferrers

Been to South Bay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!