“Swimming Club Christmas Meal”
Review of The Smugglers Haunt - CLOSED

The Smugglers Haunt
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Choice of 2 Festive menus & both good value. We chose of both menus which gave us an idea of what was on offer.If you get fed up with turkey, try the pork in cream sauce .... Lovely.

There are newer reviews for The Smugglers Haunt

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I arrived in Brixham and following previous reviews we wandered down to the smugglers haunt to have Sunday lunch. we were not disappointed as the carvery was great with a choice of pork turkey and beef with a lovely mixture of fresh vegetables. I had a portion of all three meats and with the vegetables my plate was piled high. Restaurant was full of locals who obviously know a good deal.

1  Thank Glen L
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Superb carvery friendly staff great pub and very good value for money will be going back again when were back in Brixham next march

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We were absolutely starving when we arrived & after walking all day were more than ready for our food.

We weren't disappointed, I had the fish pie and my husband had a steak, we were both impressed with the quality and quantity of the food, the vegetables served with our meal were fresh not frozen and cooked to perfection. My pie was absolutely delicious nice chunks of fish, very hearty and tasty, my husband is quite fussy with his steaks but he said it was one of the best steaks he'd had in a long time.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially the barman - oops sorry landlord who put up with our singing along to the piped music, we had a wonderful evening and were sorry to be moving on the following day so unable to go back for more!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

A varied menu that has meat dishes and a good choice of fresh fish. Prices are really keen but the quality of the food is superb. A nice atmosphere in this tucked away pub with the staff and licensees being very friendly and having a great sense of humour.

2  Thank Max270243