Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Holiday

We went on two cruises in one day Torquay Paignton Teignmouth across to Brixham well informed from... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Faldow
via mobile
Good trip and nice people

really nice people and fantastic trip well worth the time and value for money . Nothing is too much... read more

Reviewed February 8, 2020
johnnybee10
London, United Kingdom

Recommended experiences in and around Brixham
from $102.68
More Info
from $188.59
More Info
All reviews round robin trip boat trip sunset cruise recommend this trip fish chips value for money excellent boat trip today well stocked bar memorable trip train times interesting wildlife dawlish warren friendly crew beautiful coastal scenery sea safari knowledgeable skipper
Selected filters
Reviewed July 3, 2019 via mobile

My wife Sue and I went on this very enjoyable trip. We had a Fish & Chip Supper onboard with a drink included. John the Skipper and his mate Aaron were first class at making everybody feel welcome and at ease for this trip. Nothing was too much trouble. They were so friendly in providing such a great service to all on board. We also had an added bonus to seeing Dolphins, Porpoises and a Seal on this trip. It made it even more special for everyone. I would highly recommend this trip onboard The Brixham Belle. Thank you very much John and Aaron.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank R7674KKdaveb
Reviewed July 1, 2019

Starting with ease of booking, helpful text reminder, very friendly and efficient kiosk staff when we collected the tickets from Brixham continuing with a warm welcome on board ( for us and our two small dogs).An excellent start which just carried on. Skipper provided just the right amount of commentary not too much detail! Crew kept an eye out for passengers needs - blankets offered along with tea, coffee etc.
Timings very good. Short stops at Paignton and Torquay and just the right amount at Teignmouth. Took dogs to dog friendly beach, had picnic and then the short walk to the station. GWR straight back to Paignton. I forgot to ask which placed to board the boat after the pleasant walk along the seafront but a quick call to Weferry easily resolved that.
I have been associated with the Bay since 1958 (age 8) and think this the best trip and best value for money I have experienced. After looking at the 97 pictures I took already planning to go again when family visit.
Just book it!!!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank Trytorbay
Reviewed July 1, 2019

This has to be the best boat trip out of Torquay (also available from Brixham, Paignton and Teignmouth).

I did the "round robin" from Torquay to Teignmouth, out by ferry and return by rail. The first advantage is that you get to spend as as much time as you want in Teignmouth, as you can return by any (GWR) train, rather than being tied to the return ferry. The second advantage is that rather than take you the most direct, and fastest route, they hug the coast line and islands, so it's a nature cruise as well.

The staff on board were constantly scanning for wildlife, and when they saw something interesting, they went in as close as possible. Obviously the rock formations they know well, but they also identified wildlife and pointed out anything unusual.

I'll definitely do the same trip again next time I'm in the area

Reviewed June 30, 2019

Booked the Fish and Trip cruise for the second time and yet again, we were not disappointed. We were lucky enough to encounter a pod of dolphins who came along side the boat. And even though it was the end of the day for them the crew extended the cruise by more than half an hour so that we could all enjoy the dolphin antics. Both John and Aaron are very knowledgeable regarding the coastline and the passion that they both have for what they do really comes through in their commentary. I cannot recommend them enough. Far superior to other boat trips in the Bay that we have tried.

Reviewed June 25, 2019

I am submiting this on behalf of my sister Ellie (who doesn't do the internet etc) and her friend Lynn who promised to post a review of their experience. She would like to say that they took the Sunset Cruise (with meal and drink) from Brixham on 8th June 2019. There were only 4 passengers, themselves and a couple named Ian and Margaret. As WeFerry are a small family business, they felt the trip was more adaptable and unusual than a larger operation would be. They were really, really well looked after by John and Stuart, and the fact they knew all the tiny nooks and crannies around the bay made it even more enjoyable. The general wildlife of the area was beautiful, especially the basking seals. They would both love to do the cruise again, and thank WeFerry for a wonderful trip. From Ellie and Lynn.