“Check out he breakfast specials”

Anchorage Guest House
Ranked #11 of 26 Brixham B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a regular visitor it is very gratifying to see the offer continuously improved at this very comfortable and friendly B and B. The new breakfast menu really sets a new standard. - authentic french cuisine hits the Brixham breakfast table. Very delicious and I will enjoy working my way through the options in forthcoming visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Northernson

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just back from spending three nights here but could quite easily of stayed longer.
We were made very welcome by the owners, and given a drink the moment we arrived.
Our room was clean, comfortable and had everything you needed and more.
Breakfast was first class, a really great and varied menu.Sausages very tasty and good quality,so was everything else we ate.I had three different breakfasts and all of them delicious.
Nothing was too much trouble and i really do not think that there was any more that they could do to improve our stay.
We will stay here again and recommend everyone else to do the same.
We found Marc and Sylwia to be the nicest B/B owners that we have come across.

Maria & Andy Franks

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank maria562
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked a evening here as a last minute decision, we were very plesantly surprised! Lovely owners, very welcoming as soon as we arrived. Lovely chat regarding the local area and recommendations of where to visit. Lovely room, clean and fresh followed by a nice breakfast in the morning. Enjoyed our stay here and will return without a doubt!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsty P
Reviewed May 16, 2013

As a regular guest I look forward to my stays at The Anchorage, or as I have come to see it as Marc and Sylwia's home. It is always a comfort to know that my time away from my home is replaced by a warm and friendly environment, and I am certainly made to feel at home at theirs.
Before finding The Anchorage my experiences of Bed & Breakfast accommodation had been somewhat mixed. Thankfully I found this little oasis in Brixham.
Both Marc and Sylwia ensure each visit is given 100% of their attention and that includes the quality of the rooms they provide.
I had the Eggs Florentine for breakfast this week - 10/10 Marc. Looking forward to Croque Monsieur on my return.

Room Tip: All rooms are comfortable and quiet, so guaranteed good night sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Marc and Sylivia could not have done anything else to make our stay better. The accommodation was immaculate, great breakfast, nothing too much trouble as as the sn shone, we were also able to enjoy their lovely garden. I would definitely stay again and certainly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Marc & Sylwia . have a very good thing going here
every one was happy , all the guests were talking to each other , good food
very nice hosts , nothing was to much troulbe for them
it felt more like a home , than a b&b
the stairs were a bit steep for me , but with all the good things
about this place , that was nothing . Marc carried my case up anyway
I would very much like to stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank dave s
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A great B&B, Marc and sylwia are lovely hosts, breakfast was just wonderful, Marc is a great cook and my daughter was especially pleased with her omelette, rooms were very comfortable and totally spotless, nothing was too much trouble for them, Sylwia went out of her way too find us some softer pillows that she washed and dried before putting them on our beds and every day our rooms were made up and my daughters pj's were neatly folded on her pillow, its these little touches that matter, we were visiting Devon for a family funeral and staying at their lovely hotel made it more bearable, for that alone we thank you.
we are planning another trip in the summer!! and really hope that they have a vacancie as i wouldn't want to stay anywhere else.. we hope that you both enjoy the orchid

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family