“Absolutely appalling”

The Braunton Inn
Ranked #39 of 45 Restaurants in Braunton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Braunton Inn in Barnstaple is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service was slow and the food was not only cold but tasteless aswell, the staff were rude and grumpy and it made me feel uncomfortable. Nice setting however I will not be returning to this dreadful establishment.

1  Thank Richardbrook123

Reviewed September 27, 2013

This turned out to be my third visit in a short space of time to a Vintage Inn. We called on spec on a Saturday evening, were greeted immediately and given a choice of tables. A waitress appeared at once to offer us drinks but we opted to study the menu first.

We all chose pies and didn’t have to wait too long before they were served – we all enjoyed our meal and there was a good choice of wines. Service was friendly and efficient.

Not a lot more to say really – but out of the three Vintage Inns I have just visited, I think this one just had the edge on the other two. (Maybe that had something to do with visiting on a Saturday evening, rather than a busy Sunday lunchtime.)

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Service was very slow, waiting some 20 minutes for our first course with only four other couples in the restaurant. Second Course was no quicker.
The food was well presented but no more than you would expect from this group of pubs.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Lovely setting but food is disappointing. Ordered a tomato and mozzarella salad with flat bread. It arrived with no dressing. When I asked if I could have some vinaigrette dressing the waitress looked blank and came back with some vanilla and Pineapple dressing?! Having a real dislike to pineapple I asked agin if I could just have a simple oil and vinegar dressing. Eventually I was presented with what looked like a bowl of malt vinegar and vegetable oil. It seems the chef can microwave but anything else is obviously too challenging! Oh and the flat bread was tasteless and dry. Won't return.

2  Thank C J
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Had 3 Sunday roasts, 1 lamb shank and a fish pie. It all came quickly, nicely presented and good service. Took a while before sauces were offered.