“Lovely place to eat, whatever the time of year”
Review of The Braunton Inn

The Braunton Inn
Ranked #37 of 43 Restaurants in Braunton
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Braunton Inn in Barnstaple is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Braunton, United Kingdom
“Lovely place to eat, whatever the time of year”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This restaurant with main road and Tarka Trail access is in an excellent location, whatever the weather or time of year. On a winter's day it is cosy, and like it was today (a Feb cold sunny day) you could enjoy the views across the river or enjoy sitting near the log fire area. There is also a choice of informal or restaurant dining. (there is also outdoor seating in a large area for warmer weather). As it wasn't too busy, we were given a choice and chose the restaurant area, comfortable with sufficient room per table. The menu was varied plus a Specials Menu consisting of approx. 6 main courses - very reasonably priced £6.50pp, which is what we chose (also add-on starters and desserts at approx. £2.00 each I think). it was also "Pie Day" when a Pie Menu was on each table with a selection of approx.10 savoury pies with an add-on of varied veg and potato choices. We were very happy with the way we were greeted, the knowledgeable member staff who also took our order and looked after us throughout and the quality of food. Will definitely revisit and recommend.

• Visited February 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too slow!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Waitress said it would take 45 mins to get our food when we ordered. In the end it was more like an hour an a half. They weren't even particularly apologetic effectively saying "we are busy so it takes ages" which I think is pathetic.

They will probably never bother trying to improve because the excellent location means it will always be busy.

Food is not bad but overpriced.

My advice: just go in for a drink, enjoy the view, go somewhere else for food.

1 Thank hah2
UK
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

You can only speak as you find, and I found this place excellent! I went with my mother for tea, we were welcomed with a big smile from the manager who I have to say, couldn't do enough to accommodate us...... I asked if we could have some cakes with the tea and although no cake was available, it was suggested that we try a small stack of cinnamon doughnuts with a chocolate sauce... I don't have a sweet tooth but this was absolutely delicious!! There weren't many people around being mid afternoon but I found the atmosphere relaxing and most welcoming. The manager brought our tea over and stopped to chat for a short while, she really did go out of her way to make us feel welcome.... As it started to get dusk, candles were lit and I really could have stayed there for the remainder of the evening! I've not had a meal there but see the passion the manager has for this business, I'm sure that some of the comments written here must be very upsetting. I know that all the food is cooked fresh and from scratch which will inevitably involve a wait but I personally feel that any meal served in too short a space of time, has probably come out of a microwave! I will definitely be booking a for dinner. So to sum up, I found this pub / restaurant to be beautifully decorated, attention to detail noticeable, most welcoming staff and all in all a very enjoyable experience! I look forward to my next visit!

• Visited January 2013
“Good”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I think it's great ! Service good food good location good no dogs though wich is a shame but most places are like that now but still enjoyed everything

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“could be sooooooo much better”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

This place is so lovely situated, but that about it for the positives.
The service is extremely slow and unhelpful. The place lacks the atmosphere (probably because of the uninviting staff). The toilets are disgustingly dirty, too.
What a chame