“Amazing day”

Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I cannot believe some of the whinging comments people have left on here. We had our wedding here in July and it was truly amazing!!! All of our 100 guests were really impressed with service, food and atmosphere. We had spent a fair bit of time here before the wedding choosing food etc and never once were disappointed, even before choosing it as a wedding venue. They do a fantastic job, especially considering the extortionate car park prices you have to pay to go there.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I organised a party for a group of work colleagues but was unable to confirm numbers until the last minute. The manager was brilliant - very understanding and accommodating. He allowed us to have a late dinner and designed a menu which fit our budget but was varied. We had a sweetie bar, and ian (the manager) told me where i could get the best price for the sweets and he arranged and packed the remainder up for me to collect the next day. We even had a disco there afterwards! The staff were all lovely - really friendly and helpful. We didn't want for anything all night. And of course the venue is gorgeous - right in the beach - stunning! I would highly recommend to anyone looking to organise an event!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had a birthday party with a sea theme. This was the perfect place! The staff were amazing, even dressing up and the manager managed to source some life savers and other bits as props. The manager was really accommodating and helped me where ever he could. I would recommend the sands cafe to anyone......I am already looking into booking my 40th there next year. Can't fault it.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We had our reception here on the 17th May 2012. Prior to the day, we had seen the Manager several times who was one of the most helpful persons we had met. He offered to do things that were really nice to make our day special. Everyone who came commented how good the food was and staff so friendly.
I can only comment on our experience but would recommend it to anyone.
If you are having a function here, a phone call to the Car Park Company who runs the Car Park, will ease the day- they only want approx. numbers and car details for free parking.
It is a unique venue and the balcony overlooking the sea and beach are truly memorable.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I must admit, I was pretty surprised to see the reviews on this page for Sands Cafe. My fiance and I spent the summer in Braunton visiting his family; we spent a lot of time surfing Saunton beach and we always looked forward to popping into Sands for a post surf indulgence - beer or cream tea or hot chocolate (LOVE that there are still places that load on whip cream!). We often ate lunch too and were never disappointed. I'm a vegetarian and no request for substitutions was ever queried or charged. The manager was particularly helpful with suggestions and one day organized the best salad I've ever been presented! Sometimes the place was hectic busy, which isn't surprising for the location; and you can see that the staff were really rushing around and sometimes we had to wait a little longer for food or hot drinks, but the staff and manager always shot by and offered more drinks while we waited and kept an eye on us. You just sit back and enjoy the view! We had our last night's meal there in the evening and were lucky enough weather-wise to be able sit outside, and it was just perfect! We were greeted like locals and even though we ended up hanging out on the deck til far past closing time nursing the last of our chardonnay, making the most of our last evening in the countryside, we never felt rushed out or felt we were keeping anyone...The food was excellent and the ambience is really charming! Looking forward to doing it all again next year... hopefully!

1  Thank Elle C