“Handy.”

The Old George Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Bickington
Cuisines: British
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We were staying over in rose cottage and decided to visit this pub for Sunday lunch. We had called in on the Friday evening to ask for direction and werent made to feel particularly welcome,and werent going to go back but my parents said otherwise.
I am glad we went back I enjoyed my meal,I had halloumi salad it was lovely and huge! My dad had one of the pies and he said we could've all shared it,but he did love it!
The chap serving was very nice there was quite a long wait for our good though. One final gripe is the bottle of wine Wasnt chilled.
Overall I would recommend and would return,certainly for the convienience if you're in the village.

1  Thank WakefieldAnnie
There are newer reviews for The Old George Inn

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very friendly pub, we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we stepped inside, by staff and locals alike. Also nice to find a pub which allows dogs in the bar.

The beer and food were good. The pies were superb but could just have done to be a little bit hotter for our liking.

We will return.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

This pub was recommended to us.
The atmosphere is pure olde pub on arrival - dog, blackboard, friendly bar staff, sofa etc.
But the food was nothing special, indeed it was disappointing. Overly salty gammon, vegetables never served, cajun chicken was effectively a poached breast with a bit of dreary sauce and plain dull salad.
Frankly please don't hold your breath, food as fuel but not worth the money - no matter how reasonable it is.
What a shame as expectations had been hopeful. Stay at home or drink but don't eat unless flavourless food plonked on a plate is your 'thing'.

3  Thank HappyHayling