“Freedom at Last”

The Longfrie Inn
guernsey
“Freedom at Last”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Having had to buy a house for my ex wife across the road from the Longfrie to secure my divorce, I have avoided it like the plague for many years. However she has moved on to the lower parishes and I have now become a regular recently. Pleasing for me I have previously met the current hosts at other venues they have managed over the years and always found them exceptionally professional. Now I have got the place to myself I anticipate eating there at least once a week because their Lamb Chops are right up my Street. Excellent Food, Staff and a bit of a laugh!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Exeter
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed recently at the Longfrie. As our flight arrived early we had made prior arrangements to drop off our luggage. We arrived and breakfast was still being served.We were told by the licensee Anthony that our room was ready and we could check in which we did. We were then offered a full English breakfast which Anthony refused payment when we settled up at the end of our stay.The food is exceptional,so much so, that locals travel from all over the island to eat there.Every evening was busy with a good atmosphere. All the staff were so friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble.We complement Anthony and Issy for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed recently at the Longfrie Inn. Stumbled across this B and B on the internet when looking for a reasonable priced break in guernsey. With many positive reviews we wasn't disappointed when we decided to go there. We received a very friendly welcome, room was very clean and relaxing, the restaurant is very well set out and the owners and staff are very friendly, polite and helpful. Will visit again and have recommended to family/friends. Thanks for a much needed relaxing and joyful break.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Swadlincote, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Cannot comment on rooms but had a meal here while staying a few minutes walk away. From the outside we were unsure if it was open but in entering there were a few diners, it is more of an informal restaurant rather than a pub but the food covers all bases from a sandwich to a full restaurant standard meal all served with professional style. Quality food and service at reasonable prices offering value for money. By the time we left there were quite a few more customers all of whom seemed to be enjoying themselves. Would suggest you try this inn if you are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We recently stayed here for 5 nights on a B&B basis and I was well pleased with the choice I had made.
The rooms were a nice size and clean with a nice hospitality tray.
We ate in the pub every night because we couldn't be bothered looking elsewhere as we did not think that anywhere else would be any better.
We ate various dishes off the menu and we never had one less than great one whether it was starter,main or dessert.
All of the staff are really friendly and efficient at there jobs.
We only met Antony on the last night as they had been on holiday but he came across as a great host.
When we return to Guernsey we won't be looking for anywhere else to stay or eat.
Nick

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was taken here this evening by a colleague - for which i am very grateful. The welcome was warm and the beer was cold.

The ambience is cosy and the extensive menu offered a wide range of traditional pub fayre. I chose the Prawn Cocktail followed by Chicken Pad Thai. I was a little disappointed with both. My colleague went for a starter of ribs and a main of lamb (ribs!) both of which looked excellent and both of which disappeared quite quickly!

My Prawn Cocktail was nicely served with the requisite brown bread and butter - but it was regulation sliced bread and the prawns were regulation out of the freezer bag small things - a pity when on an island renowned for its seafood. The Pad Thai was the bigger disappointment. It simply was two-dimensional, it didn't leap off the plate and attack the taste buds in an explosion of flavours and textures.

I think it was just two poor choices on my part - there were plenty of other diners enjoying their meals and the reviews on here are pretty solid. However, based on what was put in front of me tonight, the best I can manage is an 'average'. Perhaps it requires a second visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Revduncan
dumfries and galloway
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We stayed at the Longfrie B and B for one week and were really impressed. We arrived before lunch time and our room was not quite ready but this was not a problem we were given coffee and shown into the lounge where about five minutes later we were joined by a woman who introduced herself as Izzy after a chat about the inn and the island which clean with fresh flowers. We decided to have dinner at the Longfrie and were not disappointed the food was good with generous portions served by really pleasant and able staff. One tip, to be sure you get a table it is better to book as this is a very popular restaurant with the locals Breakfast was cooked and served by the ever cheerful Antony who took time to speak to everyone. Good luck to Izzy and Antony and staff and thankyou for a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Has an excellent playroom for young kids