“Good food at good value”
Review of The Longfrie Inn

The Longfrie Inn
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I love the Longfire Inn as they offer honest good food at realistic prices and really do care about their customers. Their menu is varied and meets most tastes.

The eatery is well managed and nothing is too much trouble. I have often dropped in on a busy night and with a little re-arranging a table found for my wife and I.

As there is a 'kids zone' you have to expect a lot of children running round BUT its also very popular with those who dont have children as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were greeted with the warmest smile, and made to feel right at home. Was far from my expectations given the price, thought it would have been a dump, but it was 5 star hands down. Clean rooms, wonderful meals and great atmosphere and service. Izzy treated us like we were relatives visiting. The staff are also very helpful and friendly!
Would recommend it to any one, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Miserable weather which made the welcome as warm as the atmosphere in the restaurant. Prompt service- clean and the food was piping hot with an excellent selection of vegetables- Increasingly rare nowadays. One of our party has a nut allergy- absolutely no problem. Fully aware of all the ingredients..Deservedly very popular .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gerardWiltshireUK
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night on the 11th June 2013. Our initial greeting from Antony was warm and genuinely friendly. Our room was fantastic with the biggest bed we have ever seen. It was so comfortable. Next morning saw a wonderfully large full cooked breakfast which was well cooked and delicious. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would love to stay again if ever we return to Guernsey.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. We have past the Longfrie many times and thought it would be good to stay there. Due to technical problems with our plane, we were delayed by several hours. Antony had become concerned and phoned a family member (who had booked a table there for us for the next evening) to find out if there was a problem.

Antony and Izzy are a lovely couple and nothing seemed to be to much trouble for them. The bedrooms are really clean, and everything there that you want including an iron and ironing board. The rooms were spotlessly clean and lovely and warm after a long tiring journey. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Antony's breakfasts are amazing.

I have no hesitation in recommending this Inn to anyone. Can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 277rowleygirl
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were greeted with a nice friendly welcome.
There is a great atmosphere and the rooms are spotless. The food in the bar is excellent, as is the selection on both the specials board and the menu.
We love walking and found the longfrie was in the ideal spot for country walks.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the Longfrie for 3 months while working in Guernsey last year, and I was made to feel welcome from the off. The rooms are comfortable, and Antony and Izzy are always looking to make your stay comfortable. I was on the island on Christmas day with my partner and Antony even cooked us up breakfast on Christmas morning! There's a really nice atmosphere about the place, and all of the staff are friendly and approachable.

Having stayed somewhere else on the island before this that was cramped, old, and unfriendly, the Longfrie was a breath of fresh air. If I'm ever visiting Guernsey again I'll definitely be booking a room at the longfrie!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Le Friquet Country Hotel
Wayside Cheer Hotel
Wayside Cheer Hotel
#4 of 6 in Castel

Been to The Longfrie Inn? Share your experiences!