“Good food at a popular location”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #11 of 131 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ate here on two occasions both times early in the evening, we had tried to get a table on a Saturday lunch time but it was full. The service good and very friendly, the atmosphere relaxed and friendly with a great position. We had moules frittes which were delicious and on the second visit we had the red mullet which was superb.

There are newer reviews for The Boathouse

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We have eaten here on previous trips to Guernsey and always enjoyed the food. The atmosphere and the location are still good, but this trip the food was disappointing. We both had a galette which was tasteless.
I wanted to give it another chance so while waiting for the Condor we decided to have a drink there. I got tempted by the moules and ordered a portion. They came with soggy fries and i think the Moules were over cooked. Basically, the dish looked better than it tasted. On the other hand, my wife enjoyed her crab sandwich.
Would go again for a drink but sadly not for a meal.

1  Thank bmlbml
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This was our second visit to the Boathouse. We were stopping over in St Peter Port on our way to Herm and we wanted an evening meal. We ate here last year, so decided to visit again.

Nothing had changed between visits and the restaurant still offered good food. We both had scallops for starters, and I had belly pork for main. The wife settled for fish and chips, with chunky chips. My belly pork came with a piece of crackling, which I enjoy, and was accompanied by crayfish tails. A strange combination, but it worked well.

The bill came to just over £60, which I thought was a little expensive for what we got. Yes, the harbour side location was great, but I have eaten at better places and paid less. Don't let this put you off, it's still a nice informal place to dine.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I had lunch in the Boathouse on Liberation Day, with an EXTREMELY busy throng of people in St Peter Port to celebrate. It's in a great location, overlooking the harbour. We were fortunate to get a seat immediately. I had the Mediterranean platter and my husband the seafood ploughman's. Both were delicious The service was extremely quick and friendly, which impressed us, as it was such a packed restaurant. We must give a special mention to Rachael, our cheerful waitress. In spite of the hectic day, she managed to serve with a smile and with care and attention. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

A visit to The Boathouse has now turned into a tradition when visiting Guernsey. Lovely atmosphere, lovely view, lovely food and wine. Whatever time of year it is always welcoming and we can't wait to visit again in July when hopefully we can sit outside and enjoy the sunshine and the marina view.