“Lovely Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in St Peter Port
York, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

We booked this hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor and weren't disappointed. Our room was modern and spacious, although a little dark. The staff were all friendly and very helpful with our enquiries. Breakfast was great with plenty to choose from, we also took advantage of eating here in the evening as the tennerfest was on at the time. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

1 Thank aud333

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I regularly stay in hotels for work and this is by far the nicest I've stayed in - especially given the price. On my first night I arrived after the kitchen had closed but because the chef was still there they offered to cook a meal, without me having to ask. The meal was superb and had obviously had care taken over it - it was greatly appreciated after a long trip. Everyone was friendly and helpful, the room was immaculately furnished. I was surprised to hear the desk wasnt big enough in an other review as I had no problems.

I plan to visit again in summer, but next time for pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed at the Duke of Normandie for one night for a recent business trip. The hotel was recommended to me by a business contact, and, given the reasonable price tag, I booked a stay without much other research. I was happy enough with the hotel - my room was very smart, clean, and well-equipped, but wasn't overly spacious. I spent one night working from the desk in my room, and this was a little cramped and uncomfortable - a large desk and proper chair would have made life easier. Furthermore, the WIFI was free, but the connection was erratic and I had to keep logging back in via the web browser - a little frustrating. The hotel is very centrally-located, so useful for getting around St. Peter Port. Breakfast was included in the price, which included lots of choice and which was tasty, and the breakfast staff were good. My meetings over-ran on the morning that I was due to check out, so I checked out a couple of hours late - thankfully, the hotel didn't bill me for the extra time, which I appreciated. The staff were efficient and attentive but not overly warm (maybe they were annoyed with me about the late check out, oops - I did apologise!). My impression was that the hotel is perfect for the casual traveller, and it's fairly good value, but I probably wouldn't go back there for a business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I found the Duke of Normandy on the Internet, after not having much luck with travel agents finding a hotel for our family of 5 (3 kids aged 16 to 19). Right from the first point of contact via email with the hotel I found them extremely helpful with both emailing myself and posting material to booking. This hotel met most expectations. It was very clean, huge rooms, comfortable beds, handy to the town - only a 2 minute walk, very friendly staff and value for money. The only drawback to the hotel was no lift, but this is to be expected for the period in which the hotel was built (I think). We were also placed next door to each other, as we needed two rooms. No other hotel on our trip managed to be so accommodating. They have a great bar, restaurants on site and a very satisfying breakfast.

We also managed to leave some items behind which the hotel was very obliging and posted back to our home for us.

I would be more than happy to stay at the Duke of Normandie again and happily recommend to others. Big thumbs up to Paul in the dining room and bar and also to the staff in reception for their patience while the kids were indecisive on which movie to hire. Great movie library :).

Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: We had a room that had a bath and not a shower. Lucky for us our kids had a shower in their bathroom...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen P
Zakynthos, Greece
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We stayed at The Duke of Normandie for 4 nights recently for our 31st wedding anniversary and can only say is that the hotel was fantastic. The welcome when we arrived was really warm and friendly and the room was amazing. The breakfast was brilliant and lots of choice very well presented on the cold buffet and the cooked selection was amazing. The food in the patisserie is excellently cooked and served,nothing is too much trouble. The hotel is in the centre of St Peter's Port and is brilliant. We can't wait to return. We couldn't find anything negative at all. The atmosphere is really good too and everybody is really friendly. The hotel is spotlessly clean. Thanks again for a brilliant stay,can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room, it had a fantastic bathroom and lots of space
1 Thank maxine d
Mirfield
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were pleased with our stay at St. Peter Port in the Duke of Normandie Hotel. The room was small but very well equipped and comfortable. Decorated and furnished in a contemporary design the room had been given much thought when refurbished. Breakfasts offered a selection of food to satisfy most tastes which was well prepared and served. All the hotel staff were very attentive.
We would certainly stay here again but try to get a larger room next time

We used the hotel as a base to sample Trip Advisor restaurants and we have submitted reviews on

Old Quarter Restaurant

Pier 17

Le Nautique

Da Nello

Room Tip: Go for a larger room
Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here whilst in transit from England to Jersey, with a stopover in Sark, so we booked 2 non consecutive nights here as it was within walking distance of the ferry.
They kindly allowed us to leave our car in their very limited parking area, at no charge, and were helpful, friendly and cheerful.
We enjoyed the Tennerfest on both evenings, which was an amazing 3 courses for only £10, one of the very few places that has kept to the £10 price, the food was excellent value and beautifully presented. We heartily recommend them.