“Good for coffee and cake”
Review of Cafe Emilia

Cafe Emilia
Ranked #31 of 142 Restaurants in St Peter Port
Cuisines: European
Reviewed July 19, 2017

This cafe has a central position just off the town centre but close to the ferries so it's a convenient stop-off, the service was good, our order, cakes and coffee arrived quickly and the quality of both cakes and coffee was good. The prices were reasonable and looking at the menu/choices shown on the wall boards the selection of snacks and sandwiches looked good

Reviewed July 5, 2017 via mobile

Good food, attentive and kind waitress, busy and buzzing atmosphere - this has become a favourite place to stop for lunch now.

Reviewed June 4, 2017

My husband and I, plus two friends, stopped here for lunch while our cruise ship was in port.

I ordered the fresh crab linguine, my husband a bacon baguette, and our friends a pizza and shrimp baguette.

None of us were impressed with our food. The pizza was overcooked and dry. It was like getting a Totinos pizza in the US. The baguettes were dry. So dry in fact my friend asked the waitress to bring her sauce so she could dip it in something. They were nice enough to bring her sauce, but they charged for it. My husband's bacon baguette only had one strip of bacon.

My linguine was probably the best tasting of all the orders. But crab shells were in my food! Lots of them I kept biting shell and having to spit it out. The chef did not do very well deshelling the crab. I was disappointed because it took away the enjoyment of what would have otherwise been a good dish.

Serve was slow, the staff not mean, but not nice either. Not sure what was going on here. The restaurant was not busy. The bathroom was clean.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

Popped in to sample a Guernsey cream tea and we were not disappointed. Good selection of drinks and cakes if you fancy something else

Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Came here for the Guernsey Gâche cake and coffee. Food was ok but service a bit aggressive. Plenty of other cafes nearby to choose.